April 13 in FLL??????

donnas902

What is going on in April? I am trying to book a back-up room in FLL for April 13th and the rates are all @$200 for anything decent. I haven't been successful on priceline yet, but I think it's too early. In the meantime I am trying to book a room with no cancelation fees as a backup. I want to be near the airport as I have a cruise out of Miami the next day and want to take a shared van to the port. I am looking at FLL rooms as our flight arrives at 11pm.

What is going on in April? I am trying to book a back-up room in FLL for April 13th and the rates are all @$200 for anything decent. I haven't been successful on priceline yet, but I think it's too early.

Could be a number of reasons, spring break, Easter holiday, 5 conventions with 2,300 attendees.

What is going on in April? I am trying to book a back-up room in FLL for April 13th and the rates are all @$200 for anything decent. I haven't been successful on priceline yet, but I think it's too early. In the meantime I am trying to book a room with no cancelation fees as a backup. I want to be near the airport as I have a cruise out of Miami the next day and want to take a shared van to the port. I am looking at FLL rooms as our flight arrives at 11pm.

SPRING BREAK(S) and that is also the week following Easter. I am booked at the Ramada the week before, it's 150, free shuttle from airport and free shuttle to port.

The weeks before and after Easter are peak time in peak season for South Florida. Book the $200 cancellable backup then start bargain shopping.

I'm dealing with the exact same date, since we're flying in from Toronto on the Friday and leaving from Port Everglades Saturday. I realize it's plenty of time to reserve something cancelable (that word looks odd!) but man, those rack rates everywhere are HIGH! :(

Caro in TO

Haven't stayed there (yet), but Sleep Inn and Suites Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Airport (but actually in Dania) shows availabililty for April 13, 2007 at internet user's rate of $134.99 for 1 king bed, $152.99 for 2 queen beds, suite. They have airport shuttle and free breakfast.

Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Arpt. (FL664)

1500 SE 5th Ave , Dania, FL, US, 33004

Phone: (954) 874-1800 Fax: (954) 874-1818

I found this using www.choicehotels.com

Archived