Misspelled Name

surmy555

Received documents yesterday and my daughters name is mispelled Kristin instead of Kristen. Tried to find someone to place the blame on but unfourtunatly it was me. I typed it in wrong when I filled out the Funpass information.

I tried to change the Funpass but cann't change the name now. I contacted my TA and she said this happens a lot and since it just one letter don't worry about it. I know I can get it changed for $50 and am thinking I probably should.

So now the question - Has anyone had this happen to them and if you did not get it fixed did you have any problem checking in?

Thanks

I have a name that people often misspell Venessa. I have flown twice now with the misspelled name on the ticket since 9/11 and all the security measures have been in place. Both my passport and driver's license have it spelled correctly "Vanessa". No one has ever questioned the difference in spelling. If it means that much to you to pay the $50 fee, then do so, but if it was me I'd smile and let it go. No one is going to question it.

Vanessa

I wouldn't pay $50 to have an i changed to an e. Typos do happen, and I've never heard of anyone being barred from boarding because of a tiny little error like that. They can very easily see it's a typo only.

It happended to me too. The guy just laughed since I typed it wrong on my fun pass. I was on board in no time flat. No big deal. I wouldn't pay to have them change it. Paying $50 sounds like a scam to make a lot of money over a typo on a fun pass.

Don't pay the $50 to do it!! I also had this happen to me. I am Kristen and they spelled it Kristin on my documents too. Carnival said not to worry if it was only one letter. As long as I had all my other documentation with it spelled correctly.

Not one person even questioned it or noticed it.

Quick story. I was born Kristin but everyone spelled it wrong so my mom went to the town hall to have the spelling changed and guess what? They spelled it wrong too. It saved her the $60 to do the spelling change.

we just returned from the imagination. As we were given our sail and sign cards, They handed my girlfriend her gold repeat card, and tells her welcome back. They hand me the standard red and blue one and tell me to have fun. I told Them i sailed with my girlfriend just two months before. I had to go to pursers desk, and found out that on the last cruise they had put my last name first. So my name was incorrect the whole time and no one knew.

We had the same thing... My son's girl friends first name was misspelled.. left of the last 'H', my nephew's name is Michael Caleb, but we call him Caleb... and when the tickets came, and I was filling out the fun pass is when I realized the mistake and we were within 2 weeks of sailing. Didn't change it. Then I noticed that my son's girlfriend's name was misspelled also... didn't change it... no one noticed. Didn't even check the names when we showed up... wouldn't sweat it!

True, 99% it won't be a problem, but that 1% can be a dozy... dealt with a similar problem on a plane ticket... somehow the airline had put MR up against my last name as if instead of being a title was part of the name. Took 45 minute to get through airport security, since my travel document (i.e. boarding pass) didn't match the name on my passport.

Again, it's extremely ulikely you'd have a problem, but it's possible. If it were me, I'd get it fixed.

I'm thinking the $50 charge might be becasue they would resend you corrected documents? If you can just get them to make the correction & send you an email confirming the change for free, then do that. Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it.

Sha

Two people have sailed with us with an incorrect spelling of their name and had no problems. One was last year and the other was just this past April. Judy had Judith on hers and Jaime had Jamie on hers. Neither had any problem checking in and wasn't questioned at all.

My 13 year old daughter traveled as a "Mr." last summer. When I received my docs, I called Carnival and they said not to worry about it. They were right, we had no problems. They also had my 12 year old son (name spelled correctly) listed as a senior citizen... but I digress, that's a whole other story.

After the trip, I called Carnival and had them change everyone's names and ages in their computer so that their past passenger information was correct. Everything is right as rain now and the only problem we personally experienced was my son teasing my daughter about being a "Mr." Kids are kids- what are you gonna do?:p

Archived