Dining Question on Royal Caribbean

Hello,

Can someone tell me how the seating for dinner works on the Freedom??

I will be in a party of 4 and was wondering if we can have a table to ourselves or are there only large tables?

And if they do place you at a group table, is that the group you stay throughout the whole trip??

Also, if we want to dine at one of the specialty restaurants, do they have seatng for 4 as well or just big tables.

Please forgive my ignorance.......I'm new.

Thanks

I haven't been on Freedom, but have been on other RCI ships. I will answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. When you book your cruise, you are asked what size dining table you want. If you want a table for 4, that is what you should request. They try hard to assign tables as requested. You will be assigned a certain table for dinner on all of the nights of your cruise. If it is a bigger table, you should have the same tablemates each night. Sometimes people change around after the first night, but things are usually pretty well set after that.

If you want to go to a specialty restaurant, they do have tables for 4. I didn't eat at Chops, but it was our assigned muster station, so I got to go there for free! (so to speak) If you do go to a speciality restaurant for dinner, it is customary to tell your tablemates or waiter the night before so that they won't be waiting for you at your regular dining table.

Have a great cruise!

Also, if your party is traveling in separate cabins and you booked separately, make sure that the reservations are linked. Your TA can do that for you. That way you're almost guaranteed of being assigned to the same table. If you're in the same cabin, or two that you booked together, you shouldn't need to worry about it.

Also, be sure to check your dining reservation as soon as you check in (it will be listed on your sea pass card). If you don't like it, you can try to get it switched in the main dining room. There are usually lots of people doing this, though, so don't put it off.

Above all, don't stress. Lots of people just rave about their new dining room friends, and if something gets seriously messed up (like putting your kids at a different table), the staff will know how to fix it. :)

and if something gets seriously messed up (like putting your kids at a different table)' date=' the staff will know how to fix it. :)

[/font']

and sometimes that may not be a bad thing! :eek: ;) :D

Archived