Gem Stones, do they got 'em?

pampaul

I know my MIL has been to many different islands and has bought plenty of stones to make into jewelry.

I'll be in Kings Wharf Bermuda and Nassau Bahamas. Where would I find a place to buy a stone or two? I'd like to make a nice ring when I get back home. And I know it depends on what stone I get or what size, but can you give me a general ballpark figure on how much a stone would be? An example maybe?

You can get any gem stones at either place, but everything is expensive in Bermuda, including jewelry. I have read that Nassau doesn't have great prices either on jewelry. I would recommend shopping on-line from a St. Thomas store such as Cardow. I'm not sure if they sell loose stones.

http://www.cardow.com/home.jsp

Most of the cruise ships sell loose stone, check the daily papers and the prices are pretty reasonable. I got matched saphires 2 ct each 10$ a carat, my jeweler set them in earrings and said the were a nice quality. If you are thinking diamonds or tanzanite neither of the ports are good. But again check the ship the prices are comparable.

Archived