Holiday in Sept....What kind of crowd?

shhhhh

We are taking our 1st cruise in Sept. on the Holiday out of Mobile. We are in our early 30s & just wondering what kind of crowd to expect. We enjoy people of all ages and like to just have a good time. We enjoy kids, but are hoping the ship won't be overun with them since we are leaving our own at home.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.:)

The composition of folks on a cruise cannot be predicted. We were on the Imagination with an abundance of large groups - major family reunions, church and senior citizen outings. You just never know. Why stress over it? Just enjoy!

......we've yet to find anyone going on the 16th.

Great - you'll have the whole ship to yourself!:D Y'know, Cruise Critic members make up only a tiny bit of the cruising population. All my cruises on the Holiday have been around the first and second weeks in September. I have chosen that time because I'm pretty much assured that kiddies (of all ages) will be back in school. Sure enough, I've never seen over a handful of kids on any of those cruises.

The age for adults on your cruise could be any range. I've always seen a mix - your age, my age (older!):D, and in between. You'll enjoy the Holiday, so don't worry about it.

We're not stressing or worrying about it, just curious. We're looking forward to a hopefully stress-free trip. That's the point of a vacation, right?

This is our first cruise. We usually do the AI resort thing and they will tell you what kind of a resort it is...younger crowd, 40s-60s, high energy, low key, etc. Then we choose our resort accordingly. We were just wondering if certain ships tend to attract certain crowds.

But like I said, we enjoy people of all ages. We like to have a good time and also enjoy relaxing, so we'll be happy either way. We're easy to please.:) Our only concern was tons of kids...running wild, hogging the hot tub, etc. So it works out perfectly that our anniversary (our 15th) is in September, since most kids should be back in school.:)

Thank you so much for your replies. I am so glad I came across this website. I have found answers for many of my questions.

• 4 weeks later...
We will be 1st time cruisers. What happens if there is a hurricane close at that time? Just wondering

If a hurricane is headed for Mobile, the port will be closed, and the cruiseline will cancel the cruise and refund all your money. If it's still 'out there', the ship will probably sail and go out of harm's way. There's always a possibility that you could miss a port, or go to a different port (but that's in the contract), and they can do that if necessary for your safety. THINK POSITIVE!:)

I am definately thinking positive. It has been 2 long years since our last cruise. I am having major cruise withdrawls. We are used to taking 2 per year and got a new job and not quite as flexible (really stinks).....But we are going on 09/02/06 (rec'd our docs last week)...counting down the days till we leave.

Tricia

if you want a a good 1st cruise, avoid the holiday. went in may and was awful. carnival claimed ship was completely refurbished, that was a total lie, just like sensation refurb. 1st trip out of pt canaveral was a disaster. stay on newer and bigger ships for enjoyment. to see other posts on holiday, go to carnival connections and look at posts under cruise talk and ship reviews.

if you want a a good 1st cruise, avoid the holiday. went in may and was awful. carnival claimed ship was completely refurbished, that was a total lie.....

Oh my, just because you didn't enjoy your Holiday cruise doesn't mean others won't. Everyone has their own opinion. Have you not read all the glowing Holiday reviews in the past few months???:rolleyes:

if you want a a good 1st cruise, avoid the holiday. went in may and was awful.

What was awful? I went on the Holiday in April, second or third cruise after refurb. This was our first cruise...and we had a wonderful time. In fact, we had such a huge time we are going again Sept 30.

Like I have said in other posts, sometimes I think some folks were on a different ship than we were.:confused:

if you want a a good 1st cruise, avoid the holiday. went in may and was awful. carnival claimed ship was completely refurbished, that was a total lie, just like sensation refurb. 1st trip out of pt canaveral was a disaster. stay on newer and bigger ships for enjoyment. to see other posts on holiday, go to carnival connections and look at posts under cruise talk and ship reviews.

Went in May also, but had a great time. Going again next month. There was some refurbishment but I never saw anything saying it was completely refurbished...:confused:

We're going on the 16th...too bad, we've yet to find anyone going on the 16th.

Hope you have a fantastic trip:)

We will be on the September 16th cruise also!! We are counting the days! We will be celebrating our 29th anniversary! This will be our first cruise also!!

Archived