Tampa Hotels w/shuttles

Brute Bandit

My family is cruising for the first time in October on the Inspiration. We will be flying in on Friday and cruising on Saturday. Are there any hotels in Tampa that will provide both airport and port shuttles? We are just trying to keep from having to rent a car and deal with returning it the next day.

BTW

I've been reading these boards for a couple of weeks now and am very thankful for all the wonderful information. You guys are great!

My family is cruising for the first time in October on the Inspiration. We will be flying in on Friday and cruising on Saturday. Are there any hotels in Tampa that will provide both airport and port shuttles? We are just trying to keep from having to rent a car and deal with returning it the next day.

BTW

I've been reading these boards for a couple of weeks now and am very thankful for all the wonderful information. You guys are great!

The DoubleTree Tampa does -they will even pick you up and take you to the airport when you return. I'll be staying there next month before my cruise on the Miracle.

Ed

There is also an excellent thread on Pre-cruise hotels that has a guy name Ken (who lives in Tampa) who is kind enough to answer all questions about Tampa hotels.

We found it to be clean. They gave us a room overlooking the pool area. It was a great location. The beds were very comfortable. They have internet but it's not free. They also have a pretty good breakfast buffet that is very reasonable.

We are staying at the Embassy Suites- Airport. They have a Cruise stay special for $99. We are sailing on the Inspiration Oct. 23. They pick you up at the airport, shuttle to the ship and take you back to the airport after the cruise.

We are staying at the Embassy Suites- Airport. They have a Cruise stay special for $99. We are sailing on the Inspiration Oct. 23. They pick you up at the airport, shuttle to the ship and take you back to the airport after the cruise.

How did you get that? I JUST called to make a reservation at this hotel and they told me that they will shuttle to the hotel but will not go to the port (it's 5 miles and they will only shuttle 3 miles) and they will not shuttle you back afterwards to the airport.

Bummer cause I was ready to book. The price was a tad higher than where I'm already booked but the hotel amenities were better and the shuttle that I thought they would provide would more than make up for it.

Kim

surprise...they moved the thread for you. Just to give folks a reference. The best as I can determine. The airport is about 8 miles from the port.

Folks generally either stay near the airport and get a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, then pay the $20 to go to the port and then $20 back to the airport upon their return

OR they pay the $20 to go the a hotel within 2 miles of the port and get a free shuttle to the cruise ship and then pay $20 back to the airport upon their return. Either way you are looking at $20.00 - 25.00 each way for transportation.

Sometimes when looking for a "free" shuttle be aware that those shuttles might not leave the hotel til noon. Check out of hotel is at 11am.

That is when I prefer to head to the piers.

I couldbe onboard by noon instead of waiting for a shuttle.

Serene the Doubletree wasn't supposed to start the shuttle service till 11AM. However, I went down at 9:45 to check on everything and they said if we could come on down they would take us on over. So by 10AM they had two shuttles loaded up with all 11 in our group and we were on our way.

Thats awesome-- and thats the way they should be.

But we booked three different hotels to date with the free shuttle and were not able to use any of it. ALways had to pay for a cab. Wasnt much but still.

Hi,

I have checked out a lot of places online and with traveladvisor for a hotel with shuttle service as we are flying in to Tampa (21 of us)

Chase Suites hotel comes highly recommended. I was able to book a one bedroom suite with seperate bedroom containing 2 double beds and a living room with a sofa bed for $139 & tax. (also contains a kitchen, but I won't be needing that! I'm on my holidays after all :) )

Also booked a 2 bedroom suite with a king size bed in each bedroom with 2 washrooms and l/r with sofa bed and kitchen for $189 & tax.

Rate includes p/u from airport, drop off at port and p/u at port to take you to the airport when the boat docks.

Here is the link www.woodfinsuitehotels.com

Good Luck :D

Hi Darcy,

A few questions for you,

Did you try the Bahama Breezes restaurant next door to the hotel?

Can you please let me know how big the shuttle vehicles were for the Chase hotel.

We are a party of 17 that wil require the transport from the ship to the airport when we dock. How many can fit in the shuttle bus, how long did they take to arrive at the dock after you called them and how long is the drive to the airport?

Our flight leaves at 1pm so got to make sure we all get to the airport in time.

Thanks! :)

I would be interested in the size of the shuttles as well.

When are you crusing soccerfan? I am in late Oct so if you are cruising after that and we don't have a answer yet I can let you know.

Kim

hotel shuttles are usually a van with three benches. Some hotels have the little cart behind the van for luggage.

For a large group-- and if the hotel does not have shuttles-- request a van to pick you up. it will hold more people then a regular cab

Archived