Stop! Don't buy a new camera!

I just bought a camera off of buy.com it was $50 cheaper than what this site you listed wants. I have bought 2 cameras from buy.com they have decent prices with free shipping. I almost bought from another site instead but I didn't trust them so I paid an extra $7 to purchase with a site I trusted.

I bought my DSLR from buydig.com last year and had a good experience. I originally ordered the Canon Digital Rebel XT from Dell, but they couldn't promise delivery before I left for Alaska, so I switched the order. It was a new model at that point and they were pretty hard to find at the time.

I've heard good things about B&H and I just ordered a couple of accessories from them. We'll see how it goes.

It's always a good idea to check out resellerratings.com before buying from these places because there are some online camera retailers with bad reputations.

Chris

Better yet...try going to a price comparison site, such as http://dpreview-cnet.com.com/2001-1_9-0.html?tag=hdrgif and take a look at the range of prices the camera you want is going for. Then research the various sellers, and find the one that has the combination of price and reputation that makes you feel happy.

On any given day, and for any particular model, the price can be different at 20 different stores. And while one store may offer the best price on a Casio camera, another store has the best deal on a Canon, and a third has the best deal on the Sony you were looking at.

if price is what matters, SHOP. If you are happy buying from one place even if they don't have the best prices, by all means, do so.

I bought one camera from Beach, one camera from Dell, and two cameras from Circuit City (online). In each case, they had one of the best prices combined with the most trustworthy reputation, and that's why I chose them. And in each case, despite all being Sony cameras, not one of these providers had consistently the best price.

Just shop around and be a smart consumer - the goal is to be happy with your purchase, regardless of what you paid for it!

• 3 weeks later...
Before you buy that new,expensive camera check out this site...

www.bhphotovideo.com

Great prices, fast service and a good reputation.

Couldn't agree more. They're been in business many, many years. You need to return something?....no problem. No they're not the cheapest, but the service is high quality. Several mention Beach... yes, they're cheap, but they also went through a time, about 2 years ago, when they were sending our wrong warranty cards on lots of Nikon gear. B&H just always comes through.

Archived