Is ship time Eastern Standard Time?

I am trying to book some independent excursions for Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay and I'm not sure what the ship time is and what the island time is in relation to the ship. I am sailing out of Miami on the Freedom of the Seas 10/8/06. Thanks for your help.

Miami FLA is Eastern time. Then the compass will state when to change your watches/clocks for Central, Mountain, Pacific, Guam, etc. So always have your watch set to the clock at the Pursers office or the phone in your stateroom have the correct time on it. You will be fine..........

Miami FLA is Eastern time. Then the compass will state when to change your watches/clocks for Central, Mountain, Pacific, Guam, etc. So always have your watch set to the clock at the Pursers office or the phone in your stateroom have the correct time on it. You will be fine..........

You have to be very careful with this. All of the recent cruises I have tqken so far, (even the western route, which passes several time zones), the ship itself never changed its clocks or our watches - it just remained on the time zone of the port of embarkation. When we went ashore, local time was different from ship's time. Most of the locals running excursions were aware of this, but it was still rather confusing.

yeah I am doing the Freedom in November. We are doing western. Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Monetgo Bay and Labadeee. I know what time it says the ship leaves. That obviously is the ships time and not the islands time right? Just want to make sure I am getting there right on time and not an hour after it leaves:(

DONNAK is correct. Stay on eastern time which is the point of embarkation and when the time changes in the Western ports you will have to adjust your tours accordingly because the tours are set up on eastern time. So if you book a tour that starts at 9:00 am and you get there at 9:00 am ship time you will be an hour early..

We will also be on the Freedom in Oct for 2 week ..See ya there

When we sailed from Voyager we stayed on ships time all through the cruise .The time was Eastern Standard Time. All of the ports you will visit is very aware of ships time and will adjust their tours according to the ships time. Not once did we have to change our clocks or watches to the appropriate time zone. The only exception was when we sailed to Bermuda on the Grandeur did we have to change our watches to one hour ahead when we left and one hour back when we were sailing home.

I understand what the OP is going through... booking ahead and trying to be careful about expected time.

When I book ahead, I always state the time and zone of the ship, so I would say

My ship is the Jester of the Seas, scheduled to be in port from 1pm EDT to 6pm EDT (or EST, know which it will be)... I believe local time is CDT so I would like to begin my tour at 2pm EDT/1pm CDT.

Here is a web site that can help a lot.

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Click "use the following date" and Put in the date of your port day and a time to see what it will be compared to Miami time. Find most of your locations under "Americas". Use New York for Miami. For example, St. Thomas is on AST while the port is on EDT in october, so

01:00:00 p.m. Tuesday October 10, 2006 in America/New_York converts to

01:00:00 p.m. Tuesday October 10, 2006 in America/St_Thomas Daylight Saving Time is in effect on this date/time in America/New_York

Daylight Saving Time is not in effect on this date/time in America/St_Thomas

Archived