Early L.A. embarkation?

Kmendel

I am embarking on the Pride tomorrow morning. Sometime back, I read somewhere that if you have your fun pass you can sign in early at The Queen Mary and can then get on the ship earlier than the regular crowds. Is this true? Does anyone out there have any info on this. I can't find where I read this now. Thanks in advance...........

From about 9:00 until about 11:30, Carnival's agents set up shop in the aft part of Queen Mary until they decamp to the Dome. Basically, you can checkin and get your Sign'n'Sail before they open the Dome to embarking passengers. You can then stand in the Zone 1 line which means that all you need to do in the Dome is go through the x-ray/metal detector, dodge the bon-voyage photographers, go up the escalator and cross the gang plank. If you miss early checkin, then you stand in the other line and have to do the checkin after the security.

If you search the forum on the word "dome" you'll find a wealth of threads describing the process, its pros and cons and the physics and metaphysics involved in warping space/time while you wait or don't wait.

Archived