Summit May 7

magmagee

Joyce, if you have not rec'd your coupon and want to apply the credit to a cruise you have or are going to book just call Celebrity Customer Service, tell them you have not yet rec'd the coupon and you wish to apply the amount to whatever booking you are choosing. We had not yet rec'd our coupon from our TA and we were ready to book a repeat of the May 7 cruise for next May. Celebrity said no problem, they would apply our amount, not to worry about the coupon.

Good luck.

Joyce, if you have not rec'd your coupon and want to apply the credit to a cruise you have or are going to book just call Celebrity Customer Service, tell them you have not yet rec'd the coupon and you wish to apply the amount to whatever booking you are choosing. We had not yet rec'd our coupon from our TA and we were ready to book a repeat of the May 7 cruise for next May. Celebrity said no problem, they would apply our amount, not to worry about the coupon.

Good luck.

If the glass is half-empty why pay for a full glass? I'm booked on Celebrity (for now) on two future cruises, but after reading the various adventures on Infinity, Summit and Mercury this season I wouldn't even consider Celebrity to Alaska - even though I love their onboard service and atmosphere. The whole point of cruising to Alaska in what can be drizzly, foggy and cold weather is to get to those sights like the Inside Passage and Hubbard Glacier. Missing those sights is not the same as if your ship skips a port in Mexico or the Carribean. I think the last thing we'd want Celebrity to think is that it really doesn't matter where the ship goes - sort of leaves passengers open to more of decisions from X management that ignore the needs of the passengers. I too love the "at sea" days - and when I have the time and money I'll do a 14 night Hawaii cruise so I can have lots of them. And while I can totally relate to Drew B's feeling about "better on the ship than at work" (Amen to that!) I think we should hold Celebrity accountable to go where they say they're going to go when they say they're going to go there. To me, the only excuse for skipping ports or shortening a cruise would be weather or security issues. Deciding not to fix the propulsion systems while the lawsuit drags through court is hardly a case of "things happen" or fate. Its a calculated financial decision that it is cheaper to continue to have to reimburse disappointed passengers than to spend the millions that would be required to fix the problem now. Since I'm not a stockholder I see no benefit to me as a passenger to X waiting for some sort of court settlement to fix the problem. And if I WAS a stockholder I'd be worried about these problems affecting the bottom line in terms of sales. Maybe X should let the Captains and the crew decide how to run the line, because they certainly hold up their responsibility to treat us famously.

Deciding not to fix the propulsion systems while the lawsuit drags through court is hardly a case of "things happen" or fate. Its a calculated financial decision that it is cheaper to continue to have to reimburse disappointed passengers than to spend the millions that would be required to fix the problem now. Since I'm not a stockholder I see no benefit to me as a passenger to X waiting for some sort of court settlement to fix the problem.

The benefit is reasonable prices. If the line spent the millions (tens of millions?) of dollars to completely redesign or replace the pod system, they'd either end up out of business or passing on the const to the consumer.

I happen to have been on an unlucky trip, far FAR more sailings get away without the slightest hint of a problem than are actually negatively impacted by the pods. If you think of it as a game of Russian Roulette, there's one bullet and dozens (perhaps hundreds) of empty slots. AND, if you happen to take the bullet, unlike in real Russian Roullette, it's not going to kill you!!!

If the glass is half-empty why pay for a full glass? I'm booked on Celebrity (for now) on two future cruises, but after reading the various adventures on Infinity, Summit and Mercury this season I wouldn't even consider Celebrity to Alaska - even though I love their onboard service and atmosphere. The whole point of cruising to Alaska in what can be drizzly, foggy and cold weather is to get to those sights like the Inside Passage and Hubbard Glacier. Missing those sights is not the same as if your ship skips a port in Mexico or the Carribean. I think the last thing we'd want Celebrity to think is that it really doesn't matter where the ship goes - sort of leaves passengers open to more of decisions from X management that ignore the needs of the passengers. I too love the "at sea" days - and when I have the time and money I'll do a 14 night Hawaii cruise so I can have lots of them. And while I can totally relate to Drew B's feeling about "better on the ship than at work" (Amen to that!) I think we should hold Celebrity accountable to go where they say they're going to go when they say they're going to go there. To me, the only excuse for skipping ports or shortening a cruise would be weather or security issues. Deciding not to fix the propulsion systems while the lawsuit drags through court is hardly a case of "things happen" or fate. Its a calculated financial decision that it is cheaper to continue to have to reimburse disappointed passengers than to spend the millions that would be required to fix the problem now. Since I'm not a stockholder I see no benefit to me as a passenger to X waiting for some sort of court settlement to fix the problem. And if I WAS a stockholder I'd be worried about these problems affecting the bottom line in terms of sales. Maybe X should let the Captains and the crew decide how to run the line, because they certainly hold up their responsibility to treat us famously.

Well said Captain!! NOW THAT IS A POSITIVE STATEMENT!!!!

We can only hope that Celebrity will listen to your comments.

I think that most of us would like to see Celebrity improve in these areas.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

We did get our discount certificates a few weeks ago - whoopee!

We used them towards a cruise in New England/Canada next September on the Constellation. Just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get the same trouble with the propulsion system next time!

Joyce

Archived