What do they have on the Chocolate Buffet?

Cinderelli

We have been reading these boards about the Chocolate Buffet on the Carnival Conquest.

What's on it? Just desserts? Do they have all kinds of chocolate -- dark, milk and WHITE? What other types of food are there?

Tell me more!

Thanks!:o

I have to asume that Carnivals chocolate buffet is similar to NCL's and if it is there is everything that can be made from or diped in chocolate or chocolate liqour. There is Dard, light, milk chocolate, white chocolate. every thing imaginable and some you can't imagine. Instead of Ice sculptures there were huge Chocolate sculptures. There was even a chocolate fountain. Lets not forget the chocolate fondu to dip the Strawberries in. Hide your scales.............lol

We were on the Glory in May, and we made sure to hit the chocolate buffet... ours was on the last sea day... check the capers to make sure you don't miss it.

Yes, it was basically 2 long buffet lines of a variety of chocolate cakes, puddings, pies, candy, etc. There was even chocolate sushi! It sounds terrible, but I tried one piece that was fantastic... sweet, mocha rice with a chocolate sauce. My favorite though was probably the "chocolate fudge cake," which is different than the chocolate fudge cake served in the dining room. It was a cold, fudgy slab of chocolate... wonderful.

Enjoy!

We have only been to one chocolate buffet, NCL Star, in 2002. It was beautiful, but everything tasted pretty much the same. I got the feeling they were trying to get rid of leftovers from the week, just by covering them in chocolate. I'm no connoiseur, but it was not a big deal, more show than substance. However, it did not stop us from heaping a couple plates for ourselves!!

Its always held so late too. I think you can take pictures from 11:30 -midnight then they close the doors and let you back in at 12:30. People who eat late dinner are always too full to partake on this ritual. I liked the choc fruit. strawberries, bananas, blueberries..yum

On the Glory, and on the Conquest, too, I'd assume, the chocolate buffet is held during LUNCH.

All ships are different... though I was glad to have it at lunch since I'd never have been able to fall asleep after all that chocolate at midnight!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in trouble to. I've been working on losing 30lbs and a choc. buffet is going to require alot of resistance from me. Thinking about just having the choc. covered fruit. After all, I'm only human with choc. temptations.

BTW: Does anyone know if there is dietic choc on board the Serenade?

On my first cruise I managed to lose 50 pounds before I left. Onthat cruise I only gained 1 pound. I did NOT eat all those desserts but made sure I did taste a lot of them during the week.

On Carnival, the chocolate buffet doesn't only have chocolate- it has desserts, too. There are also sugared nuts (mmmm!) and chocolate cheesecake, chocolate fudge, chocolate covered fruit, etc.

And chocolate covered chocolate!

Does anyone know if princess diamond has one of these buffets.I was on the Fascination last Nov.2003 and I never seen or heard of this,but I could have just missed the whole thing.Would not be first time I missed something.LOL Plus it could have one now.It seems alot of ships have them from what everyone is saying.

Archived