HAL Website so slow it is unusable

dance4fun

Saturday all day and Sunday morning July 9, 2006 HAL web site is so slow that I can not get off the first page. Trying to go in to book some excursions. Is this normal for weekends or is something else up (or down)?

I've been trying for what seems "forever" to complete the boarding pass info. I've booked my flights and can't seem to get past the first page. As huge as HAL is, they need to do something with their servers. Right now, their site is slower than any dialup I've ever had and most of the time it just plain hangs there.

I agree with you about the HAL web-site...it never seems to be working right. I finally had to call to book the remaining excursions...someone needs to fix this problem. Even the representative I spoke with said... is the web-site having problems again? It was very frustrating, but when I called the rep. was as nice as she could be & she booked our excursions. After I got off the phone, I checked to see if they showed up on the web-site & they did. ;)

I agree that HAL really needs to work on their site. It can be incredibly slow. However, has anybody else noticed that, generally speaking, the Internet has been slow this past few days? I had trouble here late yesterday and didn't know if it was my computer, my connection, the Internet or CC. I've been doing hours and hours of research on the web this past week, non-cruise unfortunately, and have had periods where it was like wading through mud. :o

I've noticed the internet being slow too. I don't know what it is though. I do know some sites are faster than others. I'm betting companies are not upgrading servers as fast as they used to because of the economy. HAL's problem IMO is they have to much flash that wastes time and bandwidth. I'm not at all interested in music, videos, and other flash on introductory website pages.

I have noticed before that it's tough to get on the HAL website on the weekends....especially Saturday night. I figure that's when they are updating the website because if I go to my online TA to check prices, often there is a message that they are unable to contact the cruiseline for the requested price or cabin availability and to try back later or call them. I have recently booked several shore excursions online with no problems....but it was a weekday afternoon.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm still having problems at times with the Cruise Critic website. I can be moving back and forth between threads, then all of a sudden it hangs up and goes to the ever-popular white page again. Sometimes I'll exit and won't be able to get back in....so I leave and come back later. Perhaps a half hour later, everything is fine.

Like you, Randy, I've often wondered whether it's my computer, the website, the traffic, or Microsoft. I figure if I can access another site with no problems, then it's not me but since I'm not a techie, perhaps that's a simplistic assumption. I guess at times we're all caught up in a cyber traffic jam.

just used the hal site to check prices for my next cruise---- may have been a tad slower then usual but nothing to write home and complain about-- but then i wasnt booking excursions or completing the immigration forms

It seems to be working now though a bit slow. I tried for over an hour earlier this morning to look at Shore Excursions with no luck getting past the front page. They must have rebooted the server;) Of course even now that I was able to get in they still don't have the ones I want for Puntarenas listed yet so was wasted time anyway:(

I tried for a LOOOOONG time yesterday and when I finally got in a chose my shore excursions and tried to pay, it told me I had entered the wrong web address and I got that white screen. I'm glad I live in Hawaii and was able to log in at around 10 (4 a.m. EST) and it was really quick. I think the site is super busy during the weekends making it practically impossible!

I tried for quite awhile yesterday to book a shore excursion. This would have been around 9pm on Saturday night Seattle time (2pm Sunday for us). I retried 3 hours later and got straight on so obviously it was heavy traffic.

Again this morning (now) I have tried and once again it is taking forever. It must be because it is your weekend.

Jennie

Archived