Quick report Sun 7/1

I just returned from the Sun/Alaska cruise July 1-8 and will be providing a very detailed and generally positive review soon. My quick advice now is to rejoice that you have found the Cruise Critic website and board. The people who were on the Sun who did not become Sun educated were at a huge disadvantage and had a different experience.

We had glorious weather most of the time, but it was still cold on board most sailing times. If you want a deck chair, you can have your pick.

I’ll have the review ready in a day or two.

Donna

I just returned from the Sun/Alaska cruise July 1-8 and will be providing a very detailed and generally positive review soon. My quick advice now is to rejoice that you have found the Cruise Critic website and board. The people who were on the Sun who did not become Sun educated were at a huge disadvantage and had a different experience.

We had glorious weather most of the time, but it was still cold on board most sailing times. If you want a deck chair, you can have your pick.

I’ll have the review ready in a day or two.

Donna

;) I agree 100%...CC is very helpful.....glad you had a great time and anxious to read your review

Hi,

I found it interesting that the NCL ships in Hawaii are registered under the USA and therefore the crew is 80% Americans. The general feeling is that the crew doesn't exert itself in the same manner as the international crews and that might explain some of the Hawaii discontent.

I imagine the crew will be very different but the ship is the same. You will love it.

Donna

From what I understood the Sun will not have mostly American crew in Hawaii because it does leave the US for the Fanning Island tour of the trip. I could be wrong, but I am hoping this to be true. If anyone knows the answer to this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Archived