Hampton Inn Miami

dmk

if this is the DORAL address then yes I have stayed in it...

we used this as a base to stop for one night before getting our flights home [miami to manchester UK] after arriving in from Orlando [long story not relevant to cruising!]

we used the shuttle pickup from miami airport and then again the following morning to get us back to the airport..... pickup was a nightmare and we ended up ringing the hotel 3 times to chase the whereabouts.... we ended up waiting over 1 hr for the van.......... however reading other posts the costs of a taxi would have been quite high due to the location. dropping off was a bit easier, although make sure you have let reception know you need a drop off - and my advice is to be downstairs loitering with intent!! as others will just show up and try to jump the queue.

this hotel seemed to be used a lot by airline staff.

anyway as to the actual hotel: we found our room to be adequate, clean but a bit dated and the air con a bit old and tempramental. I think there might be newer rooms since our visit [Dec 05].

we ordered in - local pizza delivery - didnt venture out as it was v late.

breakfast was a good selection especially as it was included in price.

reception staff a bit hit and miss in their attitude - both night and morning shifts, although not exactly rude.

little internet room - ideal for quick catch up on emails etc - free i recall.

overall OK for money.... i booked via internet from uk. indeed am using the same chain but the 'miami blue lagoon' location for my next visit.

Check out TripAdvisor.com - they have really good reviews and cost indicators, you might find the blue lagoon is better suited for a stop over pre cruise................

Hope this helps.

Ruth.

The Hampton Inn I am looking at is on Brickell Ave. in downtown Miami. Ruth, would this be the same one that you stayed at?

Would you mind telling me where is the Blue Lagoon Area? Would it be close to the other areas in Miami. We will be staying in miami for 2 days.

I think the Blue Lagoon area is near the airport, not downtown. We booked a room at the Hampton there, it gets awesome reviews at tripadvisor.

A second recommendation for tripadvisor, it's a GREAT site to read reviews on motels.

Sorry the DORAL one I stayed in is not the same as the one you are looking at............... sorry..

Regarding the Blue Lagoon one, although good for stop over etc., perhaps its not very good if you want to do a tourist stop..... you may need to rethink your location if you are wanting to see the sights as I believe it is not too close to Sth Beach etc.

Enjoy your trip where ever you end up!

Ruth.

Archived