My first post

pufflady3

This message board is so helpful. I am getting so much information off of here about the Dawn. I am in the process of booking a cruise in Feb. on the Dawn. This will be my first time on the Dawn. I see that there are so many repeat cruisers. That is so good to hear.

Looking forward to learning so much from you by posting on this board.

Beth

This message board is so helpful. I am getting so much information off of here about the Dawn. I am in the process of booking a cruise in Feb. on the Dawn. This will be my first time on the Dawn. I see that there are so many repeat cruisers. That is so good to hear.

Beth

Beth,

You're going to love the Dawn. Enjoy your cruise!

Jackie

Beth

I hope all the bashing back and forth doesn't scare you away. Welcome and ask all you want; we love to give answers even though they may not always be right1!! lol

My wife and I went on the Dawn in November of last year. Very nice ship indeed. If you have any questions at all just ask. Be sure to go to the Cruise Critic "Roll Call" section and check to see if you have any fellow passengers booked for that date.

Good Luck

Beth

Be sure to join the fun on the roll call boards for the DAWN. I just got off the DAWN yesterday and can't wait to get back on Feb. 18th '07.

I have a question being new to CC and all...

I noticed that alot of CC members have been on alot of cruises, some 2 and 3 a year! Are some of you, travel agents? My husband and I enjoy a comfortable lifestyle and salary, but I cannot comprehend how some people can afford to do a cruise once a year, let alone 2-3 times a year. I'm using all the tips I can from CC boards to save where possible in order to splurge on the "good stuff", but I must be missing something.....

I noticed that alot of CC members have been on alot of cruises, some 2 and 3 a year! Are some of you, travel agents? My husband and I enjoy a comfortable lifestyle and salary, but I cannot comprehend how some people can afford to do a cruise once a year, let alone 2-3 times a year. I'm using all the tips I can from CC boards to save where possible in order to splurge on the "good stuff", but I must be missing something.....

The MBNA-NCL credit card helps us out with cruising expenses. We rack up several thousand dollars in rewards every year and just keep the card paid off so as not to pay any interest. We have several accounts set up since there is a maximum amount of points/rewards you can earn a month as well as per year. When using the reward vouchers you can book through a TA or directly with NCL (no black out dates) where ever you can get the best price.

Most the folks on the boards are indeed regular cruisers. Once you cruise one of three things will happen. You won't like it at all (which is rare indeed), you will be 50-50 on the whole thing, or you'll be like 95% of the people on these boards -HOOKED.

If the later occurs you will find yourself planning your next cruise before you get off the one you are on. It will become a planned for event and will begin to take front row over other vacation options.

My wife and I are about 50. Our kids are grown and that does help a good deal, but we make cruising a priority to other vacation options. We vacationed very rarely until 2000. We went on the Destiny and were hooked. One and two cruise annually now.

I don't expect younger couples and families can do it all the time but I do know many that go once a year or every two years. It is the best bounce for the buck.

You'll see -

Sincerely,

Not a TA

Beth

:D If you book the 2/18/07 do it soon since it seems to be filling up fast for some reason...and if you do, come and join our roll call ;)

Most the folks on the boards are indeed regular cruisers. Once you cruise one of three things will happen. You won't like it at all (which is rare indeed), you will be 50-50 on the whole thing, or you'll be like 95% of the people on these boards -HOOKED.

If the later occurs you will find yourself planning your next cruise before you get off the one you are on. It will become a planned for event and will begin to take front row over other vacation options.

My wife and I are about 50. Our kids are grown and that does help a good deal, but we make cruising a priority to other vacation options. We vacationed very rarely until 2000. We went on the Destiny and were hooked. One and two cruise annually now.

I don't expect younger couples and families can do it all the time but I do know many that go once a year or every two years. It is the best bounce for the buck.

You'll see -

Sincerely,

Not a TA

PuffLady2/Beth -- Hi, my Name is JAM810 and I'm HOOKED on cruising! LOL!!! I am like you, that I'm just amazed to see how many cruises people have taken here on CC as well as how many are taken in just a one year period. And, I can't agree more with CruiseLunatic's post. I'm certainly not a cruising "regular" as you can see from my signature, but I'm certailnly hooked and we first look at cruising before any other vacation options are considered (pending fund availability). I haven't got my NCL-MBNA card yet, but my family members who cruise with us already have theirs (since our June 2005 cruise) and they have their next cruise (slated for June 2007) almost already paid for by just using their NCL-MBNA credit card. It is certainly worth it!! And, other CC posters have said the same (as you can see from CruiseLunatic's post). So I wish you all the best on your cruise. Enjoy, relax and have fun! Make sure you come back and tell us all about it!!! :)

Welcome, Beth!

I remember when I posted my first message and anxiously awaited peoples' reply. I hope to cruise on the Dawn this winter. She was docked in NYC when we returned at the end of our wonderful cruise on the Spirit in March. I hope you enjoy not only your cruise, but also the anticipation and all of the great information available on these boards!

Happy Cruising!

Yes, some are TAs including myself, but like another TA on here I do not use my TA benefits to cruise. One reason, you can't book far enough out. Oh, if we decided at the spire of the moment we may want to cruise I might, but we ususally play 3-6 months in advance and cruise about twice a year. I have clients that have the money and enough discounts various ways to cruise 3 or 4 times a year and others that do no other type of vacataion except cruise. Acutally cruising offers a great value for your dollar and there are many types of specials and discounts. MBNA credit card is the most popular plus AAA discounts, military, union members, senior, and many others. Many of those who cruise more than once a year have no kids at home, do make a comfortable living know how to get the most for their money. Some settle for inside cabins to save, others, like i memtioned know where the discounts are. I could go on and on. NMnita

Welcome, Beth!

I remember when I posted my first message and anxiously awaited peoples' reply. I hope to cruise on the Dawn this winter. She was docked in NYC when we returned at the end of our wonderful cruise on the Spirit in March. I hope you enjoy not only your cruise, but also the anticipation and all of the great information available on these boards!

Happy Cruising!

Dream-c-VT

I assume you are on the other side of the Lake form us. Where-abouts?

How was the Spirit? We go November 19th!

WOW I have not had the time to get on line. Thanks for the warm welcome. I will surely take the oppotunity to ask questions to you welcoming people.

i am thinking of booking a Feb cruise. I think it will be neat sailing out of NY. I will be booking this weekend. The Dawn sounds like a fun ship and friendly one. I just cn not believe all who have come from a far and sailed so many times on her.

Thank you all for your welcomes and I am looking forward to becoming a part of the CC community.

Beth

WOW I have not had the time to get on line. Thanks for the warm welcome. I will surely take the oppotunity to ask questions to you welcoming people.

i am thinking of booking a Feb cruise. I think it will be neat sailing out of NY. I will be booking this weekend. The Dawn sounds like a fun ship and friendly one. I just cn not believe all who have come from a far and sailed so many times on her.

Thank you all for your welcomes and I am looking forward to becoming a part of the CC community.

Beth

I just got back from my "Dawn" cruise (6/17) had a fantastic time. This board was a big help - I felt as if I knew the ship! I'm also in the process of planning a group trip on her for June 2007.

Welcome aboard!

Archived