PICTURES--How much did you spend?

shhhhh

This is our first cruise and I am trying to come up with a (flexible) budget. Since it is our anniversary and our first cruise, I'm sure we will induldge in the purchase of lots of overpriced pictures.:)

* What the prices per picture?

* How much did you spend on pictures?

The pictures taken on formal nights, and some others, you have to buy the 8x10 first, at 19.99. then you can buy other sizes of it. The smaller pics are 9.95 I believe? Something like that. They aren't cheap. Just get as many pics taken as you want and then you will be able to go look each day at the photo gallery and decide which you like.

As for what I spend... I've spent $20... and I've spent $100, just depends on how many good ones I see.

We just came back from our first cruise which was also our anniversary cruise and we spent over $200 on photos! Crazy, I know!

Don't bother with getting reprints on the ship in different sizes. You can write carnival through their website and get a photo release form which will allow you to have copies printed back home at places like wal-mart or cvs at a much cheaper price.:)

I spent around $200 on pictures on our first cruise. Now, the reason is all four of my grown children & spouses were on the cruise with me. Since my youngest is in the US Marines and we don't get many family photos I jumped at the chance to purchase all I could plus he was in his uniform and we don't get that opportunity very often. Buy what you can afford for the memories. Enjoy!!!

event.png

event.png

Too much! I like to put together a mini scrapbook of the cruise when we get back home. Consequently I buy the pics taken at embarkation, each port, formal nights, dinner tablemates, etc. It's a great way to remember the fun we had and all the nice people we met.

Accorind to my sign and sail statement that i saved from our first cruise this past june, the 8x10 were 19.99 and the smaller ones were 7.99.We spent about $140 on pictures cuz like you, this was our first cruise and they do take beautiful pictures. I too, asked for the photo release from Carnival,I got that right away.

patty

:D I spend approx. $8 on each cruise for pictures.

I buy only the embarkation one, to have as the title page in the cruise scrapbook - since it has the date, ship's name, and port of embarkation.

If I see something I want to have as a backdrop, I don't mind asking fellow passengers to take a pic of me there. In the dining room on formal night, I get another guest to take one of me and the waiters. I have an excellent camera with zoom, and come up w/some great shots on my own....

I CAN understand the families who want photos of formal night, but that's something I can do w/o.

We only spent about $60 on our first cruise. We would have spent more, but our photo taken as we went ashore in Nassau was nowhere to be found. We looked for it every day. This next cruise we'll probably buy the embarkation one and probably one in each port and maybe a formal one if it's good. We try to take some, but since it's just the two of us we hate to keep bugging people to take photos of us together.

We try to take some, but since it's just the two of us we hate to keep bugging people to take photos of us together.

Ask anyway!:) I've always found that nobody seems to mind taking my picture whenever I've asked. I'm not shy.

I often ask couples on the ship, as well as in ports, if they'd like ME to take THEIR picture. They always seem surprised, but grateful to have both of them in a photo.

Our first cruise last year was also an Anniversary cruise, so I spent $200 dollars on pictures. The only one I did not buy was the embarkation picture as it was not very good. They really take beautiful photos and the formal shots are so nice. I dread to see what it will cost this year as I want pictures in all the new outfits!

we spent last year approximately $450, when I saw the sail sign bill at the end of the cruise I had to be taken away in a straight jacket....and guess what we are doing it again on Aug.6 on the Pride

I often ask couples on the ship, as well as in ports, if they'd like ME to take THEIR picture. They always seem surprised, but grateful to have both of them in a photo.

I love doing that too! I am so easily entertained!

:D I spend approx. $8 on each cruise for pictures.

I buy only the embarkation one, to have as the title page in the cruise scrapbook - since it has the date, ship's name, and port of embarkation.

If I see something I want to have as a backdrop, I don't mind asking fellow passengers to take a pic of me there. In the dining room on formal night, I get another guest to take one of me and the waiters. I have an excellent camera with zoom, and come up w/some great shots on my own....

I CAN understand the families who want photos of formal night, but that's something I can do w/o.

Now, this is the way I need to do it from now on. I went completly overboard on our first cruise last year, bought every picture that was taken !! I'll know better this time. I bought a nice digital also, so I'll have losts of fun using it I'm sure!!

Take as many pictures as you can, They get you with the formals because they are always larger and cost $19.99 each.. Smaller random photos are always cheaper..

$AVER: Don't buy anything until the final day last minute. If you ask the prices usually get cut 50%, especially if you are buying a bunch. They would rather sell them than shred them so buy in the end. Then you won't be buying on impulse when you see your pics every day & can choose only the one you want. NOTE: If you are purchasing pictures on the last day you need CASH ONLY! Your sail and sign card will no longer be ok to use. & trust me they won't let you walk away with cash in hand if interested in buying a few last minute.

I never buy the personalized photo albums of the ship on board. Here's a tip, buy a postcard of the ship, or buy the $5 photo of the ship in the photo area, or better yet there is usually a free large post card of the ship in your booklet in your cabin or at the pursers desk. Then you can buy a cheaper album at a local dept store like KMART or WALMART etc. Some of the photo albums have a slot for a picture right on the cover. Guess where that photo of the ship goes? Now you can insert all your personal cruise photos and any you buy into your album.

I have even found albums without the cover photo and it is amazing what a colored electrical tape border can create around a picture on the cover.

I have a large album with the picture of a cruise ship on the front (the one found everywhere that is made up of thousands of tiny pictures) then use separaters for each cruise. SENSATION, LEGEND etc... It makes an excellent coffe-table book for guests to look through!

icon10.gif

It's a tough issue, but let me throw in my 2 cents:

I have taken a more than a couple thousand pictures using film of our family growing up. Own some state of the art Nikon equipment too, that I could replace on Ebay for, say $30... I have taken "too many pictures", "too few pictures", "no pictures, when I assumed I was taking great ones" and some of my best pictures just picking up the camera, pointing and shooting. My theory is every roll of 24 shot gives me 3-4 that I want to look at over time. Oh, and now I have replaced my Nikons with... a Nikon Digital. I am hard pressed to think of when I will ever use my film camera again.

My point, and I do have one, is that cruise pictures taken of my family on formal nights and on ports of call represent some of the best photos ever taken of my family... everyone is (usually) happy, dressed nice, tanned and have that vacation glow about them.

Don't get me wrong, as the then teenage daughters have a good old laugh talking about how cheap Dad can be, but we have spent somewhere north of $200 on each of our family cruises.

.....We would have spent more, but our photo taken as we went ashore in Nassau was nowhere to be found. We looked for it every day......

It must be something about the Nassau picture. The same thing happened to us in Nassau on our last cruise.

I would have spent more, too, but in Freeport, we (4 of us) didn't get off the ship together. We forgot our drivers' licenses, so DD & I went back to get them; DH & DD got off the ship. Only a picture of him & 1 DD in Freeport. Then in Nassau, all 4 together, took the picture & searched for our picture; none to be found. The staff even looked back on the computer & still, no picture. :(

I do purchase boarding the ship, usually buy each one from the ports we visit & a formal night picture,

This is our first cruise and I am trying to come up with a (flexible) budget. Since it is our anniversary and our first cruise, I'm sure we will induldge in the purchase of lots of overpriced pictures.:)

* What the prices per picture?

* How much did you spend on pictures?

Same price as stated... (8x10 $19.99)

We spent $300.00 -- give or take.

Didn't feel too bad, we never have our pictures taken, it was our first cruise and it was our 25th wedding anniversary. :D

Not a Firsttimescaredcruiser!!! anymore!!;)

Elation: June 18-25, 2006 Our 25th Anniversary 6-20-2006

Archived