Fort Lauderdale questions

uncalculated

Cruising out of Fort Lauderdale with my family in November and have a couple of quick questions.

We are flying into MIA the day before and plan on renting a car to get up to our hotel. Who is the best rental company to do this through? We would like to find a free shuttle to the port...

Secondly, we our ship arrives back in port at 7 am. I am assuming they will start letting people off around 8 or so (?) Will we have enough time to hitch a cab ride to MIA to catch a 1 pm flight home?

Thanks for the replys.

Cruising out of Fort Lauderdale with my family in November and have a couple of quick questions.

We are flying into MIA the day before and plan on renting a car to get up to our hotel. Who is the best rental company to do this through? We would like to find a free shuttle to the port...

Secondly, we our ship arrives back in port at 7 am. I am assuming they will start letting people off around 8 or so (?) Will we have enough time to hitch a cab ride to MIA to catch a 1 pm flight home?

Thanks for the replys.

I've flown into FLL and rented a car from Alamo, drove to Miami and turned the car in and they shuttle you to the port, so I would think they'd do the same thing in FLL. It's about a 1/2 hour drive back, but I've heard the Miami is a little bit crazier then FLL, so 1pm might be pushing it. Just depends on how fast they get through customs. Disembarking can take a while sometimes.

Thanks for the replys.

I would not be comfortable with a flight any earlier than 2PM.

Why don't you extend your vacation a day and spend the night in Miami Beach and hang out on the beach and eat some great food? It is a great way to end a vacation and you can catch the very first flight out the next morning and still make it home in time to relax and get the laundry done.

Traffic can be a beast and one wreck and I-95 is a parking lot.

The best car rental company is the one that gives you the best price. The car rental facility at FLL is adjacent to Terminal One. I don't believe there is a shuttle to the pier, since the car rental companies don't have shuttles at FLL. The only shuttles are operated by the Airport and shuttle pax fromTerminals 2,3 and 4 to the Car Rental facility.

So you would then need to take a cab from the airport to PE, about $15.

On your return to PE, assuming the ship arrives on time, and I think they usually do at PE, you can just hop in a cab for MIA. When you fill out the disembarkation questionnaire, just put that you have a flight before noon, so you will get in one of the earlier groups to disembark.

Thanks for the answers. We set sail on Monday and return on Saturday, so traffic is not as much a concern to me as it would be during the week. I have the car rented, the flights booked, and the ship confirmed, everything is good to go. We are going out a day early and we would love to fly back on Sunday, but for some reason the flights were much more expensive versus Saturday.

Thanks again.

Archived