Tan lines & evening gowns

Alexru12

just a short note to remind all the ladies that while sitting in the sun, remember what you will be wearing to dinner that evening.

have seen ALOT of pretty women wearing strapless evening gowns, with rather tacky tan lines left over from thier bathing suit straps.

and just as an afterthought for the gents, you should never wear a wristwatch with a tux!

Happy Cruising!

As one who spends a considerable amount of time in the sun, I do try to coordinate my dressier outfits with my bathing suits. If I know I will be wearing a halter dress I will wear a suit with a halter top. I don't always do so great but I try so I don't have lines.

But how do I get rid of the lines from my golf sandals?? My feet look funny in stappy shoes with my chunky lines.

But how do I get rid of the lines from my golf sandals?? My feet look funny in stappy shoes with my chunky lines.

Some self tanner on the white spots should work great. I love Loreal Sublime Bronze Tan Towels. They are wonderful and not messy at all. That should do the trick!

When I wear sandals (or any shoes that I will be outside in for a bit), I put SPF 45 on my feet and legs so I won't get tan lines that will show in another pair of shoes.

It is the only way I've found to not get those silly little lines.

~e

For some reason I forget about my feet when I put sunscreen on. I'm going to try to remember from now on to put it on!!

I learned the hard way after sitting outside for my niece's 2 hour graduation ceremony :rolleyes:

~e

just a short note to remind all the ladies that while sitting in the sun, remember what you will be wearing to dinner that evening.

have seen ALOT of pretty women wearing strapless evening gowns, with rather tacky tan lines left over from thier bathing suit straps.

and just as an afterthought for the gents, you should never wear a wristwatch with a tux!

Happy Cruising!

Just a short note to let you know that there are ``ladies'' on these threads that think a wristwatch on a man's tanned wrist is very sexy -- even if it doesn't go with your tux code.:rolleyes:

And who really cares on a cruise if a woman's tan line doesn't match her strapless evening gown? ``Tacky'' tan lines are only in the eyes of the beholder.:D

Personally I love to see couples in evening wear holding hands on formal night and don't care if one is wearing a watch or not and the other wearing a gown with mutliple tan lines.

I just like seeing couples having a great time together an not stressing about what others think about the way they are dressed or how great their tan looks.

Dianne

For some reason I forget about my feet when I put sunscreen on. I'm going to try to remember from now on to put it on!!

You should always put sunscreen on the top and bottom of your feet. When I was in high school, my school took all the seniors to Destin in between finals and graduation. One person in my class was really good about putting on sunscreen everywhere, but he forgot his feet. His feet were severely sunburned and he was unable to wear shoes for a week, had to go barefoot to graduation.

per 98charlie

it is not that anyone cares, my point is that some ladies will spend hundreds of dollars on a formal gown, and unwittingly not think about what skin will be showing, i am sure there have been ladies who after spending a day in the sun, to look great in thier formal pictures, and only too late realize that they forgot about strap lines. this was only posted as a helpful hint.

Why no wristwatch with a tux?

wearing a watch implies that you are either on a schedule, or have someplace to be at a certain time.

going to an event requiring a tux, you should feel that the evening is yours to command and that time does not matter :o

wearing a watch implies that you are either on a schedule, or have someplace to be at a certain time.

going to an event requiring a tux, you should feel that the evening is yours to command and that time does not matter :o

Okaaaaaay. And I'm sure our tablemates would be thrilled if we strolled into dinner half an hour late!:rolleyes: :D

James Bond wears a wristwatch and tux. To me, the tux without the bling gadget watch peeking out from under the cuff is missing a nice accessory. But then, James Bond always needs to know the time so he can race out before the building gets blown up.

Sunscreen should also go on your hair part, ears, and back of neck ( especially for short haired people).

Archived