souvenir glass and cocktails

karen of PA

On the Coral and Golden Princess you can buy the drink of the day at a special price and then you can have that specific drink of the day for the special price the rest of the cruise. There are signs posted by the bars explaining how it works. I can't remember exactly or I would post it but I'm sure that someone on here will remember. I think that they also put a sticker on your room card, like the soda sticker but for the drink of the day.

You don't even have to buy the drink of the day the first time to get the special glass. They will be abandoned all over the place where you can pick one up. I was not aware of any special deals but then I didn't seek them out either. Picked up one of the glasses so I could put my "home imported" drink in it.

Tucker in Texas

I saw a deal on the plastic cups where you could have it refilled cheaper with the drink of the day on a cruise a couple of years ago, but it wasn't offered on my last 2 cruises. It could be because there is no longer a "drink of the day" special :mad: (I miss the drink of the day). They also have a martini/shot glasses that are keepsake, made of real glass with colored bottoms that you can order if you want them for a souvenier. It's the price of the glass plus the drink you buy in it, no refills.

But they keep changing the drink policy so I'm not sure this information is the most current...

Is it true that you can purchase a souvenir glass on the first day and then you can get cheaper refills of the featured alcoholic "drink of the day" during the cruise?

Karen,

On the CB they have a Hurricane Cup offer at sailaway and the rest of the week you'll see a 1/2 yard special. On Princess Cays and on Island Night they'll have "carved money heads" - which are a riot!

The DOD is a thing of the past replaced by their "signature cocktails" - the theory is the same but they are considerably more expensive at $6.50.

All of the favorite tropical cocktails are still available - chocolate banana, princess colada etc - in small, medium and large.

Archived