cat 5A on spirit, pride, legend or miracle

momoriarty

I booked into a cat 5a on Miracle. There are no available pictures of these cabins, but the description states there are french doors and a railing. Can you open these doors? Is there a balcony? It is just listed as obstructed view, but why the doors and railing?

Carol

Although the French doors open on all of the 5A rms on Spirit-Class ships, it makes a HUGE, HUGE difference where your cabin is situated with regard to the lifeboats.

The schematics that are posted for these ships with regard to the placement of the lifeboats are VERY accurate. So, if your cabin is right in the middle of where the lifeboat is hanging, you will get ABSOLUTLY NO view; however, you can still open the doors for fresh air, and you will get some light.

The key is to get a cabin that is INBETWEEN 2 lifeboats; the best 5A cabins are the ones that sit directly in front of the hanging brackets used to hold the lifeboats. If you look at a deck plan for the main deck, you will see what I am talking about. In these cabins, you get an a direct, clear view of the water, about a 3 feet wide clear view - of course on either side are the lifeboats; but you do have a clear view of the water, and of the outside promenade on the lower deck.

I had one of these cabins this past March on the Spirit, and having never had a balcony cabin before, I can definetely see the appeal!

With any of these 5A cabins, the French doors open into the room; so if you are so inclined, you can wedge a bed to keep one of the doors open (bungee cords won't work in this setup).

Many times, Carnival will give free upgrades from a 4A to this class.

Whatsmore, these rooms are configured the same as ocean view rooms, with a nice large sofa & adjustable-height coffee table (perfect for room service breakfast!), and 2 robes are provided for your use.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Hey there! We are booked on the Miracle as well. I debated on the 5a, but after I saw pictures, I went with the 7a. It is 1 deck up. They still consider it an obstructed balcony, but you can actually see out (above the life boat), and it is cheaper than the regular balcony cabin. About the only thing you get on the 5a is fresh air, looks like there is no view, unless you like to see the side of the life boat. I couldn't justify how a 5a would cost more than an ocean view cabin. Meaning, in an ocean view, at least I got a view. All I would get in a 5a would be fresh air, and I can get that for free on deck. So I decided what I really wanted was a balcony, where I could get the sea air AND a view, and of course I wanted it cheap. The 7a was the best solution for us. I would look into how much more a 7a is, if I were you. :p

I'm booked on the Miracle also in a 5a. Cabin 4298. 10/24 out of Baltimore.

I was concerned also about it until I saw the following website.

Cruisesinc have pictures of all their cabins. Below is the link;

http://www.cruisesinc.com/travel.dll/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.jsp?pg=4&mediatype=5&ITINERARY_ID=817|LE|||:

With regard to the photo links provided by CruiseCATnMACK & GOTTA CRUISE NOW of 5A French Door Cabins, - While they are of 5A cabins, they ARE NOT the cabins that are between lifeboats that have a clear, ocean view.

I have finally uploaded my Spirit photos from my 3/22/04 cruise to ofoto.com., including photos of cabin #4140, which is a FRENCH DOOR CABIN THAT IS INBETWEEN LIFEBOATS - as you can see in the photos, you see the ocean UNOBSTRUCTED.

GOTTA CRUISE NOW: There is no cabin # 4298 - do you mean 4198? If so, then you will NOT get a clear, ocean view. If you can change your cabin to #4196, which is right next door, and INBETWEEN the lifeboats, you will have the same, ocean view as the cabin I had.

Please use the link below:

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?showSlide=true&Uc=2itcreu.4sqhyxx3&Uy=nyhljc&Ux=0

kwokpot,

Thanks for all those great pictures. I have my three girls booked in a 5a on the Pride next year and I will definetly be checking to see if they have a view like that. Thanks again for taking the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Kwokpot;

Yes, the cabin we have booked IS 4198. Oops!

As to changing the cabin to one that is between the lifeboats, pretty much impossible as the ship has been sold out for months. When we booked there were no cabins available between the lifeboats. I DID check into that, but we had to move FAST as the ship was filling up quickly. Thanks anyway!

We resolve to have a great time no matter where we are. Just having the fresh breeze will be worth it. I would rather have this than a window that you can't open!

Kwokpot;

Yes, the cabin we have booked IS 4198. Oops!

As to changing the cabin to one that is between the lifeboats, pretty much impossible as the ship has been sold out for months. When we booked there were no cabins available between the lifeboats. I DID check into that, but we had to move FAST as the ship was filling up quickly. Thanks anyway!

We resolve to have a great time no matter where we are. Just having the fresh breeze will be worth it. I would rather have this than a window that you can't open!

Exactly! Definetely better than an inside cabin; yes you will get some light and can get some fresh air. Also, the cabins have a nicer configuration than the inside ones; you get a large, 3 seater couch and an adjustable height coffee table, along with additional mirrors and storage on the opposite side. You will also get to use two, nice, terrycloth robes. The inside cabins have less storage cabinets, no robes, and have two chairs instead of a big couch!

I was lucky to have been able to request a 5A inbetween the lifeboats cabin for my 9/22 Hawaii cruise - and it was a free upgrade from a 4A cabin that was already an excellent price!

I used *****.com, and everything worked great!

Archived