maybe OT maybe not:pink wristband

To make sure this is fashion/cruise related.

I did research.

Holland America is doing 5k walks for breast cancer and giving out pink t-shirt (I think they are pink) and pink wristbands to those participating.

Carnival is doing a "cruisin for the cure"

GalaxSea is also doing a breast cancer cruise.

Radisson also did something for breast cancer on one of their cruises

Maybe all the ladies who cruise should wear a pink ribbon as a fashion accessory somewhere discreat?

Now I think this is cruise/fashion related what do y'all think?:)

To make sure this is fashion/cruise related.

I did research.

Holland America is doing 5k walks for breast cancer and giving out pink t-shirt (I think they are pink) and pink wristbands to those participating.

Carnival is doing a "cruisin for the cure"

GalaxSea is also doing a breast cancer cruise.

Radisson also did something for breast cancer on one of their cruises

Maybe all the ladies who cruise should wear a pink ribbon as a fashion accessory somewhere discreat?

Now I think this is cruise/fashion related what do y'all think?:)

Two of my favourite cruising dresses are pink. I've worn them on my past four cruises with my very favourite pair of shoes - which are also pink. Funny thing is blue has always been my best colour - and my wardrobe is full of blue (Nancy turquoise not teal:D ). Despite loving blue, I am wearing a lot more pink lately and it seems to by my colour this season.

I wear this pin every day - not too "over the top" and I think it's cute.

27628.gif

I'm glad to see the cruise lines are spreading awareness about b.c. Good for them.

Pink - fashion - on a cruise - fashion cruise related!

Pink is my favorite color!

However, I'm a Red Dress supporter (no offense to the pink ribbon and its cause) as my husband is a heart attack survivor!

I wear this pin;

15683-inter-full.jpg

What a great pin, first I'd heard about it, thanks for telling me.

Hope your DH is doing good now

He is thank you for asking. His heart attack was a complete fluke (his cardiologist's words because of my husband's excellent medical health; who knew sometimes these things just happen??) and it happened three years ago. His cardiologist has since released him from his care and now just visits his GP.

Fortunately, he had zero damage to his heart.

I encourage all women to become their own health expert. Heart disease is the number one killer of women and the number one symptom of heart disease in women is.......

DEATH!

What a great pin, first I'd heard about it, thanks for telling me.

Hope your DH is doing good now

Mrs. Moose QVC always sells one every fall-if you look on their website they may have one. I have also seen the pins in JC Penney.

I got a pink ribbon pin from Avon several years and wear it every so often. I also have a pink BC bracelet. My mom bought several, for me, my dd, and 2 sil's after one sil had BC.

I also have a red dress pin. The American Heart Association was giving them away free at the Iowa State Fair a couple years ago.

Kamloops, if you go to goredforwomen.org you can sign up to be a member of the 'women's movement' and get a free red dress pin. I think there are Canadian territorries listed under 'State.'

He is thank you for asking. His heart attack was a complete fluke (his cardiologist's words because of my husband's excellent medical health; who knew sometimes these things just happen??) and it happened three years ago. His cardiologist has since released him from his care and now just visits his GP.

Fortunately, he had zero damage to his heart.

I encourage all women to become their own health expert. Heart disease is the number one killer of women and the number one symptom of heart disease in women is.......

DEATH!

Wonderful news, and yes, I agree about paying attention and becoming your own health expert. I'm so happy to hear no permanant damage to your husband's heart and that he is in great health. :)

I visit a cardiologist now in NYC, my next appt is in October even though touch wood I don't have a heart problem but I don't want to get one either and chemo can cause side effects to the heart so he says I'm right to pay attention to that. Always good to air on the side of caution.

So to all ladies who had chemo especially "the red devil", please pay attention to your heart at as well and everyone of course should pay attention to their heart and overall health.

Thank you momofmeg, I'll check it out. Don't have a JC Penny here but will look at websites thanks for the info ladies.

BlueHerons, your link wouldn't direct me to the shopping site, but I found the pin elsewhere and ordered several. I never knew these pins existed, so thanks for the tip. (I ordered mine here: http://emall.nhlbihin.net/product2.asp?sku=56-075N)

Glad to hear your DH is doing so well - my wishes for continued good health - for you both.

Archived