Photo 'Package' on the Dawn

cldiary

Is there a pay one price package for photos on the Dawn, like where you get all the pictures taken of yourself or your family?

I was on the DAWN 2x and saw nothing like that..they run specials on different days but I saw no real photo packages that yyou described...actually I didn't see any packages at all with the exception of a Daily Special where if you bought 2 or 3 8x10's you get an album for free..things like that

I was on the Dawn last month. I had a great cruise and my only real complaint was the Photo Department. This crew dictates what kind of pictures you will take and flat out LIES about things.

1.) They will not allow more than one person in the disembarkation photos taken in the ports. We tried in every port, but they said no more than one person. When my wife snuck her head behind my daughter in Nassau, they yelled at her! (that way they think they sell more pictures!)

2.) The put up a sign on the photo racks that said: "Embarkation Photos will be taken down mid-week, purchase early." The only things gone after mid-week was the signs, the pictures were still there. (but the signs reappeared for the next cruise, we had to exit the ship through the photo gallery when we disembarked and the signs were back.) Basically a LIE to the patrons.

3.) All of their photos are in "sets" of two and you HAVE to purchase both, you can't just purchase one. For example, they took a very nice shot of my daughter at dinner. We didn't buy it because it could only be purchased if we bought both in the set!

4.) A photographer told my mother that we could have our formal group photo taken at 5:00 p.m. one night. But when 5:00 p.m. rolled around, another photographer told her pictures didn't start to 6:00. She said that she had spoken directly to a photographer and was going to do it for our large group of 13. He told her that no one told her that. (then he literally ran and got a Freestyle Daily from the rack nearby and ran after her through the Atrium to point it out to her. Again, he reitterated (as he was pointing in the Daily) that no one would have told her that. So basically he called a 75 year old woman a liar to her face. (now there's someone who needs manners training.)

Of course in the end, it was the Photo Department that lost out on that deal. We simply had one of the Dawn's ship officers who we had talked to many times during the week, take our large group photo in the Grand Atrium using one of our groups digital cameras. We then took the camera and took the many sub groups within our large group. Our friend just took the photos and put captions on them that said "Norweigan Dawn, June 17-24, Bermuda & Bahammas" and they look just as good as anything in the photo lab. We estimate that the cost of all of the pictures that we have printed, if the photography department had taken them would have been about $600-700! Quite a loss for them....

5.) The photographers posed you and took pictures the way THEY wanted it. You didn't dare give suggestions or they would be rude to you. There were jokes going around on our shore excursion in Nassau because we were offered a choice on what to see and many of us were saying: "oh no, the Photo staff is not here to tell us what to do so we don't know" (lol)

6.) While you were in the photo gallery you were watched like you were in the White House! and don't walk through the gallery with a camera in your hand! I made that mistake one day as I was taking pictures of different areas of the ship. (the photo gallery is between Bamboo and Dazzles and I was taking pictures of those areas.) I was yelled at to put my camera away. I just ingored the fool and walked on.

7.) They were the rudest bunch I have ever seen. Ask them a simple question about anything and get your head snapped off. Ask them the price of something and get it yelled back at you. Take too long at the counter, get yelled at.

Every other NCL cruise that I have been on have had great and friendly photography staffs. This group of yahoo's on the Dawn are an embarrassment to NCL.

Take my advice. Take your own pictures and avoid this extremely unprofessional group!

thanks for knocking me back to my senses. i remember how expensive they were, plus by the 3rd or 4th day i avoided the gallery altogether, not wanting to notice how much tighter my clothes looked since day 1's pictures :)

Archived