CB Moves to Sunday Sail?

gonna go cruising

I have done a search on here and came up with nothing so I apologize if I overlooked something. When does the CB start sailing Sunday to Sunday? I thought it had always been Saturday to Saturday until trying to find one next March and it shows it sails on Sunday. Does anyone have the reason it was changed?

Thanks!

I am not 100% sure but I thought I read somewhere that another ship (maybe the Star) will be doing the Sat to Sat. Maybe someone else might know for sure.

Linda

Thanks Linda. I see this has had alot of views but no answers. I dont need to ask Princess because I would get a different answer everytime I ask. I am just curious when the changeover is.

October 21 is the last Saturday sailing. Sunday October 29 starts the Sunday cruises.

Thanks Seagarsmoker! At least I know now. It does make it less accessible to us to be Sunday to Sunday. I will have to get creative now in making our plans. Saturday to Saturday was so much more convenient for everyone to get back to work and classes on Monday. Maybe we will just have to wait for summer again!

Starting at the end of October, Star Princess is going to be doing 7 day Western r/t's on Saturday and Caribbean Princess is going to be doing 7 day Eastern r/t's on Sunday.

Ft. Lauderdale is going to be crazy-busy with big ships on Saturdays this Fall with Star Princess, QM2 and Enchantment there.

Starting at the end of October, Star Princess is going to be doing 7 day Western r/t's on Saturday and Caribbean Princess is going to be doing 7 day Eastern r/t's on Sunday.

Ft. Lauderdale is going to be crazy-busy with big ships on Saturdays this Fall with Star Princess, QM2 and Enchantment there.

I had to look twice at the days when we booked our fall CB cruise last week. I too remembered the port days being opposite last winter for the CB and Star. I like sailing on Sunday's though so we were pleased to be able to book that again this year but on a ship we have not sailed on yet.

It would be fun to see all three of those ships (Star, QM2 and Enchantment) sail out of port.

Hi Mary !

Believe me, they can handle it. I have seen as many as 9 or 10 ships in FLL, on one day. I also hear they may be in the process of adding some additional piers/terminals, and I keep hearing about the possibility of adding a monorail to the pier in the next few years.

One other interesting item.... Navigator of the Seas is moving up to Ft Lauderdale from Miami to do shorter sailings in 2007, and Emerald Princess will make Ft Lauderdale home in the Winter of 2007, so it will get even busier there :).

One thing is for sure, they definately have some big plans for expansion.

Thanks for tracking down the CB info! FLL is always busy in the fall/winter with all the ships coming in, the airport can be a zoo! But, it is so cool to watch all the ships leave port at the same time near dusk!

For a real beautiful sight stay at a hotel facing the port and watch the ships returning to Fort Lauderdale before sunrise...

Yes, those are definitely not the only ships sailing from Ft. Lauderdale this fall. They're just three of the bigger ones on Saturdays. I think Princess has at least two others that will be on 10-day itineraries. I've never seen 10 ships in port (holy cow!), but 6 or 7 won't be uncommon on Saturdays this fall.

It's such an easy city to embark from that I can see why everyone wants to have their ships there. It's pretty, it's clean, lots of hotel rooms, and you can't beat the air-hotel-port situation there. It's ideal.

I thought they changed to accomadate me. I can only sail Sunday - Sunday since SO must work Saturday before vacation.

I was soo happy that they changed the dates so I was able to sail Princess.

We saw the CB Princess arrive at 5:15AM in May 2004 and was she ever pretty--and quiet!! We stood on the 3rd floor of the Best Western Marina Hotel directly across from the Terminal. It's neat to see the ship come down the channel, too, above all the buildings.

I have also witnessed a Celebrity ship, the HAL Zuiderdam and the CB Princess all leave one after another once from that same hotel--we videotaped that last year, and from the beach down by the Yankee Clipper. Although almost a mile south of there, they looked almost close enough to touch.

We go to Ft. Lauderdale fairly often and the main highlight for me is going down to the Port to see my ships in port or leaving. I'll never grow tired of it.

Oh, we did sail on the CB Princess in September 2004!

Lynne

Archived