Miami Hotel

dst

I could use a bit of the "Cruise Critics Members" experiences.......I have stayed at the Miami Biscayne Bay several times prior to our cruises; however this time I was thinking of doing something a bit different.

My sweetie is cruising with me (his first) and he has never been to Miami; we are spending a few nights prior to our cruise in Miami and need some help. Any suggestions would be helpful,

Thanks

I could use a bit of the "Cruise Critics Members" experiences.......I have stayed at the Miami Biscayne Bay several times prior to our cruises; however this time I was thinking of doing something a bit different.

My sweetie is cruising with me (his first) and he has never been to Miami; we are spending a few nights prior to our cruise in Miami and need some help. Any suggestions would be helpful,

Thanks

I would stay in one of the resort areas such as Key Biscayne, South Beach, Miami Beach, Coral Gables, or Coconut Grove.

What time of year, what is your budget, and what are your ages and interests? That will help a lot in directing you towards an area and a hotel.

I guess more info would be helpful. We will be there right after the New Year our cruise leave Jan 6th so we are thinking of a few nights prior to. We are 35/40; would like to spend one night out inthe clubs (just for the experience) and probably one day just hangign out at the beach/pool. I would definately take him to Coconut Grove for some shopping.......

I guess more info would be helpful. We will be there right after the New Year our cruise leave Jan 6th so we are thinking of a few nights prior to. We are 35/40; would like to spend one night out inthe clubs (just for the experience) and probably one day just hangign out at the beach/pool. I would definately take him to Coconut Grove for some shopping.......

What about South Beach? You are going to have to budget pretty high but $200 will get you in a pretty good hotel. You could go on priceline and get a great resort or 4 star in South Beach providing nothing else is going on.

The good thing about South Beach is that it is a quick cab ride from the airport and to the cruise port and having a car is not only unessecary but an expensive PIA. You can walk everywhere and there is tons of shopping and dining.

My favorite hotels:

Moderate:

The South Seas

Doubletree Surfcomber

The Raleigh

Cardoza

The Royal Palm

The Colony

A little more expensive:

The Loews

The National

The Hotel

Sell your firstborn:

Hotel Victor

Delano

The Shore Club

Ritz Carlton

Tides

The Setai

I think you may be right on the South Beach thing; not renting a car would be a savings and the cab ride to the ship would be easy :)

Thanks for all the recomendations; I think I will try the middle of the road, don't want to promise anyone my first born...

Have you stayed at The Hotel?

THANKS AGAIN!

I think you may be right on the South Beach thing; not renting a car would be a savings and the cab ride to the ship would be easy :)

Thanks for all the recomendations; I think I will try the middle of the road, don't want to promise anyone my first born...

Have you stayed at The Hotel?

THANKS AGAIN!

The Hotel is one of my favorite in South Beach. The rooms are small but fabulous. Wish, the restaurant is outstanding! My favorite tho is the rooftop pool. Even if I don't stay here I visit:

Rooftop pool:

11-L.jpg

Go to the site http://www.thehotelofsouthbeach.com/index.htm and check out the rooftop bar.

Archived