Buffet

I had a freshly made omelet every morning at the buffet. I entered via deck 12, went to the right when I entered the Garden Cafe. Since I don't know my ship terms, it was the station farthest from the pool. It was also the station that served NY Deli at lunch. I am not a big fan of buffets, but having a freshly made omelet for breakfast every morning was great! They also had waffles at this station.

I am assuming from your name that you are going on the Dawn. I was just on the Dawn in June.

The best lines for the breakfast buffet are on the port side. (the side they use for LaTrattatoria in the evening.) Skip the first line. The second line serves the same as the first and the line is usually shorter. As for the omlets.....go to the third station, the one furthest back. They have cooks there to make fresh waffles or omlets. (you can also ask the omlet cook to fix you an egg any way you like, sunny side up for my daughter!) They will make your omlet either the traditional way or with egg whites only.

Be aware however, the third line has a limited menu so you usually have to hit both the second and third lines. There is also a toast/bagel station between the second and third stations and there is usually more seating available in the third section area.

During lunch, the stations serve different items and I very seldom ate there.

I heard that there is a shorter line for the buffet any hints? Also do they make specialty omeletes at the buffet?

Any good food tips greatly appreciated.........:)

Each sailing seems to be different as far as who goes where in my experience. 2x on the DAWN and both times..well for that matter from day to day..the lines varied in each buffet line.

The shorter line?? hehehe It's the one you spot as you look down each side, then hope 30 people haven't gotten in the first line while you checked out the other:D

Regardless, the lines move quickly...Have a GREAT cruise...remember you can have a sit down breakfast in the main restaurant as well and they have made to order omelettes.

I heard that there is a shorter line for the buffet any hints? Also do they make specialty omeletes at the buffet?

Just off the Dawn from their 6/24 sailing and I was actually surprised at how there were hardly any lines for breakfast or lunch for that matter. I guess it depends on when you eat but I never had to wait in a line to get a tray...I always walked up, did the whole waterless sanitizer wash they ask you to do, grabbed my tray and got some grub. We ate breakfast around 8am each time and lunch around 11:30-12pm a few times and then around 1:30pm another time...no lines ever.

Just my observation...I don't consider when we ate terribly odd but I can see how people probably ate lunch later than we did (and we only ate early because of our 3yr old).

I'll think you'll be just fine regardless or what "line" you get on! Finding a table might be more difficult though...LOL...unless you don't mind crouching down on one of the little chairs in the Kids' Cafe area! :)

there are 3 or 4 stations that you can choose depending if you want omelets or waffles etc....the lines go fairly quickly though

Archived