What are in the final docs

mumom95

Some of you may have read my other post about my docs problem, long story short, I may not get them before I go because Princess has had printing problems (although, I am surprised noone else has posted about this, they told me there was a hugw back log and it was a major problem).

Anyway, since this is my first cruise, I was just wondering what is actually in the final docs. I know you get luggage tags, but is that and a ticket for the cruise all that is in them. I was just interested. I am a little disappointed that I may not get to do the "document dance" that people talk about.

Some of you may have read my other post about my docs problem, long story short, I may not get them before I go because Princess has had printing problems (although, I am surprised noone else has posted about this, they told me there was a hugw back log and it was a major problem).

Anyway, since this is my first cruise, I was just wondering what is actually in the final docs. I know you get luggage tags, but is that and a ticket for the cruise all that is in them. I was just interested. I am a little disappointed that I may not get to do the "document dance" that people talk about.

It's just a small (4" x 8.5") booklet that confirms your cruise voyage, itinerary with port times, any tours you've pre-reserved, emergency contact, and includes the Passage Contract. Except for the Passage Contract and a credit card form that you would sign for your onboard charges, it includes all of the information in your Cruise Personalizer.

Really not much to see. (It's similar to the old airline ticket books that had "official" pages of boarding passes and flight info.):) There's really no benefit of having the docs since the actual check-in is handled electronically by an agent at the pier and you still need your passport and credit card. Most cruise lines are in the process of phasing out these docs as the airlines have done.

As far as dances, we do the dock dance... :D

Archived