What is the lastest you can board?

s446784

Because I live in Manhattan I have no needed to board the ship before it leaves and miss the crowds. I seemed to one of the last to board after 2:00 last time on the Crown. Our check in time was so quick. No lines they also really did not check our bags really either. I brough lots of ginger Ale on since I am prone to sea sickness. I was wondering if getting there after three is really bad?

Generally it is 30 minutes prior to the stated sailaway time. I cut it close like that once and found myself rushed and the cabin stewards were busy and could not lend assistance. Also some ships have the drill before they leave port so you may miss it and need to make it up later which can cut into ports of call etc.

I guess I just don't understand the concept of boarding late. Maybe it's different in NY. The earlier you are on the ship, the earlier your vacation really starts.

Ah well, to each their own.

;) there ya go, someone who thinks like us...lol, we get there around 6-7a.m. due to going greyhound from Bangor Maine....so we had coffee and donuts with the crew before they started work :D

Hey, Jeff. Thoroughly agree. The emperor was sorely disappointed on our last cruise because he wanted to be on the ship earlier than we were. But, you're right. The sooner you get on the sooner the fun begins.:D :D

With the Emperor around the fun never ends, does it?:D Of course he wanted to be on the ship earlier, your cabin was right by the buffet!:rolleyes:

Sweatpea that must be a heck of a Greyhound! That would be cool to have breakfast with the crew.:)

Archived