QM2 Summer Samplers

Angie1961

Hi Anyone booked on any of the Southampton to Hamburg 4 nighters?

My partner has surprised me by booking us onto the August trip for my birthday (very nice surprise!!) we have never sailed with Cunard before and really looking forward to it.:)

He says its only a gty inside cabin, but hey I am not complaining!!

Make sure and get up very early on the day you get to Hamburg as this ship gets an amazing welcome when ever she comes to Hamburg. The QM2 get no better welcome anywhere in the world.

Yes,we`re booked for a 2-nighter from Southampton to Hamburg,departing on 23th and it`s a surprise for my husband as well as our very first cruise.(I know,it`s not really a cruise,just a sample).If we like it I`m planning a TA crossing next year.Perhaps you would like to have a look into our cabin (hull balcony on deck 6) for making decision which stateroom to use on cruises to come.As some people here advised,an inside cabin would be good for a crossing,I would also be interested to see a cabin like yours.

Yesterday,the QM2 has left Hamburg and 200000 people have been there to welcome her.

@Dave

I`m looking forward to your review,too.Please,don`t forget to tell if there is a formal evening between Southampton and Hamburg,so we know if we need formal dress or not.

Yes I heard that we should be up early to watch us arrive in Hamburg, all those people watching, really?

Maybe a silly question but does the ship dock central to Hamburg, ie can we just get off and wander around the city?

:)

Yes there are sooo many people - the Germanys come from around the country when the QM2 arrives in town. For some reason or other they just love this ship.....

Hamburg has a very good underground system that will get you around the city fast and cheap. I am just not sure how closer a station is to the current Passenger / Terminal Container - yes container since the new passenger terminal ist still being built.. I will ask one of my Hamburg contacts if it is within walking distance.....

My Hamburg Contacts have had me know that Line #6 has a walkable stop close to the cruise center and it is called Grassbrookhafen.

For info on the underground go to http://www.hvv.de and click on the english flag in top left of the page - that will redirect you to the english page or you could try http://www.hvv.com. Hamburg is also good to see from the waterkant by boat.

will do a review of my trip soon but heres a taster. there was 1 casual, 1 formal, 1 casual and 1 informal. hope that question. i had a hull balcony cabin very nice it was too i recommend it. a nice sized cabin with a mini bar, omnly soft drinks in it though. 2 sunloungers and a small table. you have tio stand up to see the sea . if you sit down you can see the sky. i did like it but few minor things a did not!

dave

It will be my birthday on the last full day of the cruise, no one will make a fuss if I don't mention it will they?

I always feel really embarrassed for people when they get the singing waiters, cakes etc!

I always hid in the loo as a child when people sang happy birthday to me..............Not that I am suggesting that I would do it nowadays of course!

:)

i saw a few havinbg birthdays onboard and it lookeed a bit pitiful a slice of cake and very poor singing! wonder if they will be coming out to welolm the qm2 as they did ours last week. as it was qm2 day what do they call the august one. loved the todd english which is well worth tryinbg once, still waiting for my review to go on i think

dave

The 4 day trip from Southampton - Hamburg - Southampton is just brilliant and strongly recommend it as a smapler and taste of Cunard/ QM2

If it helps my partner and I did the one in July and I have a zillion photos, short video of the cabin and also I made a podcast with some observations and tips etc.

If you want to check them out here is a link to my blog that has links to all of that on:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=89511767&blogID=148148985

If you are a myspace user please send me a @frend request" as been trying to find cruise fans on myspace!

Gary

If it helps my partner and I did the one in July and I have a zillion photos, short video of the cabin and also I made a podcast with some observations and tips etc.

A very interesting site - I'm listening to your podcast as I type:)

• 1 month later...

Archived