once you board for embarktion...

dogdoc2002

Hi,

completely new to cruising, and getting ready for our first cruise in a week and a half on POAm. Once we board the POAm for embarktion, can you get off and back on again? Just curious, if we should decide we need to go buy a case of soda, or forgot something, etc if we can get off, or do we have to wait until the following day in Hilo before we can get off?

Also, another silly question- are the outlets the two prong kind, or can they accept a grounded plug (the 2 flat prongs with the 3rd round one).

Thanks!!!

dogdoc2002

Guest moe46

It was not a problem getting off on POH the day of embarkation. I assume that to be the same on all NCL Hawaii cruises. Just make sure you have plenty of time to get back on in time!

Excellent question! I never thought of that one. Bringing a case of bottled water onboard is a wonderful idea. Assuming I can buy one close to the ship in Honolulu.

I love this board!

Hi,

completely new to cruising, and getting ready for our first cruise in a week and a half on POAm. Once we board the POAm for embarktion, can you get off and back on again? Just curious, if we should decide we need to go buy a case of soda, or forgot something, etc if we can get off, or do we have to wait until the following day in Hilo before we can get off?

Also, another silly question- are the outlets the two prong kind, or can they accept a grounded plug (the 2 flat prongs with the 3rd round one).

Thanks!!!

dogdoc2002

No problem getting off again on any NCL or NCLA ship after initial boarding - just be sure to be back absolutely NO LATER than 1/2 before departure. We always try to err on the side of caution and are back an hour before departure.

I fly in at 10:30 am and the ship leaves at 8:00 pm. I want to visit the Arizona. Would it be wisest to rent a car at the airport, go to the Arizona, and then go to the ship to embark, or would it be best to go right to the ship,Embark, and then leave to go to the Arizona?

Has anyone had this same problem, and how did you handle it. Going post cruise is not an option as our flight leaves at 11:00 am.

Thank you.

No problem getting off again on any NCL or NCLA ship after initial boarding - just be sure to be back absolutely NO LATER than 1/2 before departure. We always try to err on the side of caution and are back an hour before departure.

;) I guess I never even thought about it, but glad to know you can....wonder if the wait is long if you do ?

I fly in at 10:30 am and the ship leaves at 8:00 pm. I want to visit the Arizona. Would it be wisest to rent a car at the airport, go to the Arizona, and then go to the ship to embark, or would it be best to go right to the ship,Embark, and then leave to go to the Arizona?

Has anyone had this same problem, and how did you handle it. Going post cruise is not an option as our flight leaves at 11:00 am.

Thank you.

You might try posting this question on the Hawaii forum. The tickets to get into the memorial might will be gone before you could get there. I know you are advised to go early in the morning, there are huge lines you wait in to get a ticket that gives you a time to see the movie then board a boat to go over to the Arizona memorial. Wait times may change depending on what time of year you go, last summer was very crowded & the tickets run out (you may get there at 9am & get a time of, say, 2pm).

In any event, getting a rental car and doing local stuff would make more sense. The time (and money) to get to the ship and back off again would eat up lots of time. Get off the plane, get a car and go. Pick a rental car company with a drop off near the pier. Check the Hawaii board for more info.

In any event, getting a rental car and doing local stuff would make more sense. The time (and money) to get to the ship and back off again would eat up lots of time. Get off the plane, get a car and go. Pick a rental car company with a drop off near the pier. Check the Hawaii board for more info.

Thanks for the answer, I will look for a rental car company to drop car off at the pier. I will look on the Hawaii board. I appreciate your help:)

Thank you.

When we were there tickets for the entire day were sold out by 10:00 a.m. (last tour is late afternoon). We got there at 7:45 am and the line was already long...even with a tour you have to get in the line to get your ticket (movie then boat trip over to Arizona). You will probably be out of luck by the time you land, get a car, and get to the memorial. If you do try and are out of luck swing over to see the USS Missouri. We also got to crawl through her and just loved walking through the Mighty Mo. How many times in your life do you get to walk through a huge war ship?

We plan to also get off the POA and do some shopping/sight seeing.

We got off the ship right after we boarded and stowed our stuff last Sept on the Spirit. (Seattle) Now we are hooked! If we have time we will always utilize the time on land to explore as there is plenty of time once the ship sails to check it out. It's almost like wasting an excursion day to just get on board early and stay on board for the whole day.

When we reboarded on the day of embarkation we just showed our card key and got on board in two seconds just like how you do it on all the other port stops during the cruise.

Archived