FLL- Best Western Inn

CruisinCoach

We just returned from our cruise and stayed at the Best Western Inn on State Rd 84. For six months leading up to our cruise I read so many negative posts about hotels in this area that I almost canceled, but we were not disappointed. We just wanted a place to sleep, after traveling from the west coast, before heading to the ship the next morning, so this hotel met our needs. There is a McDonalds and Wendy's next door. We had dinner at a wonderful Bavarian style German Restaurant which was within walking distance. There is also a Winn Dixie market and a liquor store next door which we went to on the way back from the restaurant. The liqour store does close at 10:00pm, and when we asked him why he blatantly said "because we don't wanna get shot." The room was clean and the AC worked well. There was a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise terminal along with a decent free breakfast spread. The gentlemen that worked the counter were friendly and check-in/out was a breeze.

This hotel may not be for everyone, it is in an area where you probably don't want to be out walking around after dark, but we had no problems and enjoyed our stay.

Nice review.

I just can't say it enough...avoid SR84 at all costs! It's just not wort ruining your vacation over.

Didn't ruin our vacation one bit. In fact, we chatted with a few other couples that rode on the shuttle bus and they also enjoyed their stay. Your reviews were the main reason I almost canceled this hotel, but now I can say I disagree with you. Obviously, you are a local and know the area better than me. There are many areas in Los Angeles where I would not recommend going out after dark, but those same areas are perfectly fine during the day. I gave a review from the perspective of someone that just wants a quick one night precruise stay, convenient to restaurants and a market/liquor store for their pre-cruise purchases, not for someone that wants to spend several days pre- or post-cruise . From what I've read almost every hotel in FLL receives it share of negative reviews, so you have to stay somewhere. In my opinion, and people are entitled to see another person's opinion, this hotel was not as bad as you make it out to be.

My sister, nephew and myself are booked at this hotel tomorrow night and Friday prior to our cruise on the CB. Too late to book anything else as our flight leaves Toronto, Ont. early tomorrow morning. We're planning to do a bit of shopping at the Galleria Mall, go to the beach and visit the liquor store. Do you think we'll be safe enough. Plan on being back at the hotel before dark.

We just returned from our cruise and stayed at the Best Western Inn on State Rd 84. For six months leading up to our cruise I read so many negative posts about hotels in this area that I almost canceled, but we were not disappointed. We just wanted a place to sleep, after traveling from the west coast, before heading to the ship the next morning, so this hotel met our needs. There is a McDonalds and Wendy's next door. We had dinner at a wonderful Bavarian style German Restaurant which was within walking distance. There is also a Winn Dixie market and a liquor store next door which we went to on the way back from the restaurant. The liqour store does close at 10:00pm, and when we asked him why he blatantly said "because we don't wanna get shot." The room was clean and the AC worked well. There was a free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise terminal along with a decent free breakfast spread. The gentlemen that worked the counter were friendly and check-in/out was a breeze.

This hotel may not be for everyone, it is in an area where you probably don't want to be out walking around after dark, but we had no problems and enjoyed our stay.

Archived