annoyed with Carnival too...

Diva70

Well, here's my experience to go with the one below...

My PVP had told me if she was unavailable and I wanted to make a payment on the cruise (I had already tried the website but it would not accept the payment for some reason, irritation #1), all I had to do was call the 1-800 number any time of day and they could take care of it. One evening I went to make a payment and since she was gone, I tried that. BIG mistake. I got this guy who first argued with me that I HAD TO HAVE A PIN NUMBER...I was never given one (turns out it was my address, but no one had told me of this prior). He finally gave up on the PIN issue and went ahead to process my payment. We owed something like $430.01, and he asked "do you want to pay this in full?" I said, quite clearly, "no, I want to pay only $350.01 today". OK he says...a minute or two passes and he says "OK there you go, your cruise is paid in full". WAIT A MINUTE. I should have a balance due. He says "no, it's paid in full at $430.01, like you wanted". EXCUSE ME, I indicated differently. So, with a very "I don't care" attitude, he tells me he can't do anything about it now, but I can call the credit office in the morning to get a refund. And oh by the way, "well, the charge did go through...", not an "I'm sorry" or anything. Basically a what's your problem lady attitude. Lovely.

So I call my PVP to ask for the name/number of someone, anyone, a supervisor, manager, whatever, that I can call to talk to about this. I couldn't believe the attitude of this guy and felt someone should know about it - besides the fact I did not authorize that entire charge, and if I got an over-the-limit fee on my card, SOMEONE was going to hear about it. I wait, and I wait, and I wait some more - she never calls back. I finally give up and start calling myself, being on hold forever while they try to find a supervisor and having to call back again. FINALLY I get someone, explain the situation to her, and she is actually quite horrified by the whole thing. She kept repeating "that is NOT how Carnival does business!". She apologized profusely and planned to speak with him about this. She was very nice and understanding, which was great. I called my PVP back and left her another message - I continually get the "oh I was out of town" excuse from her - telling her to never mind, I did it myself. She finally calls me back and wants me to call or email her to let her know what happened. Well, I've called, I've emailed, no response. Neat.

I am STILL not impressed. I certainly hope the cruise is better than my experience so far...at least I got an apology. And nope, no over-the-limit charge was ever applied to the card. :)

~Holly

Sorry for all that aggrivation...I don't balme you for being ticked off!!

Next time use an on-line agency. They are cheaper anyway.

I hope this doesn't ruin your cruise. Put it past you and have a great time!!!!

I hope you asked the Supervisor you spoke with for some Shipboard Credit because of their error and rudeness! Sorry you had to deal with that. I just made a partial payment when my PVP was out of the office with no problems. Luck of the draw I suppose. Hope you enjoy your cruise and this situation gets rectified to your satisfaction.

I actually stupidly did not ask her that (DUH), but am hoping something was done anyway. At one point she told me to hang on a minute cause she was "checking out my sailing"...

I actually stupidly did not ask her that (DUH), but am hoping something was done anyway. At one point she told me to hang on a minute cause she was "checking out my sailing"...

It MAY not be too late. Get the name of her supervisor. Relay the story and ask if some compensation might be made. No guarantees - but you have next to nothing to loose by asking. You may waste your time, but then again you may come out with something.

Be prepared to suggest something reasonable like a shipboard credit.

Sorry you had to go through all that. In general most cust service reps are good but there are always some that leave something to be desired. Unfortunately you got a bad one and the PVP doesn't seem to be good either. People like them probably won't last long as their customers will complain about them for lack of service. I am sure management is interested to know when their employees fall down on the job as well as when they do good.

I tried on Monday to pay off the balance for the upcoming Fantasy cruise. Since the PVP's were off due to the holiday, I tried to do it on-line but it kept coming up with an error message. I called the 1-800 number and was able to get one of the ladies working to help me. She also asked me for a PIN number but I told her that I was not given one. She told me no problem and had me to verify a couple of things and handled it. Today my PVP called me back to verify that all was handled and set to go.

When I booked the first time- put my deposit down, my PVP told me to write down 3 things and not to lose them. They were my Pin#, my password, and my booking #. She told me that those items would be needed to make payments or ask questions about my booking. I'm glad she told me that cuz sure enough, when the website gave me error messages, another PVP had to handle the payment. They asked for all 3 items. It worked out fine. Believe me, I'd be on the phone everyday if I was treated the way the OP was to receive the shipboard credits and U/G's the attitude entitled me to.

Hi Cruisingator2

I see that you have cruised on the Glory, how did you like it. I am thinking about it for next year.

Thanks for any info.

I go on the Miracle in December,04.

Trudy:p

Archived