Hampton Inn--FLL

prarie cruiser

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation pre-cruise. Free shuttle to and from the airport + port. Rooms are very nice and clean. Never had

a problem with my reservation and always got an early check-in,,, sign up for Hilton Honors. Staying there again in Dec. got a room for $120.00 including tax. As for Amerisuites, been there ...and will never go back unless it is remodeled...Stay away...far,,,far away.

I live about 2 miles from this location. There is a shopping center nearby. Only go during the day light hours, and even then be careful. Not the greatest of neighbor hoods. Use the hotel safety deposit boxes. There is a Taco Bell and Mc Donalds next door and a Burger King across the street. There are several restuarants in the shopping center, but ask the hotel to take you there and see if you can call them to pick you up.

Please no naysayers about what I think. I live here and I read the paper every day.

Rexter, That area is good. Will you have a car? There is a mall close by. Macy's, Sears, JCPenny, Food court. Lots of restuarants near by. It just seems like its too far away from cruising. What ship are you going on? Pier 66 on 17th st causeway is having a sale for $119 per night. Hollywood beach is another good area to look at.

I'll be glad to help with any questions.

Can you give me some info on the Pier 66 sale? I looked on the web site and it's

$229 per night. We will be there Dec. 9th and having a hard time finding a good

hotel, any info you have would be appreciated. Thanks

Skitter

My wife and I have stayed at the Stirling Ave. Hampton Inn the past two years. The free airport shuttle and the free cruise shuttle played an important part in our decision. Hampton Inns are about the same country wide and we found this one to be no better or worse than most. There are restaurants in a large shopping area just behind the motel. Unfortunately, the rates are increasing each year. So, we decided to try the North Hampton Inn next year. New place, new things to see. We are paying a rate of $179.00 for the night before and the night after our cruise. Deals are hard to come by this year, so we felt the most comfortable at the Hampton Inn. These two Hamptons are the only ones that provide the shuttle service. Good luck in your travels.

I live about 2 miles from this location. There is a shopping center nearby. Only go during the day light hours, and even then be careful. Not the greatest of neighbor hoods. Use the hotel safety deposit boxes. There is a Taco Bell and Mc Donalds next door and a Burger King across the street. There are several restuarants in the shopping center, but ask the hotel to take you there and see if you can call them to pick you up.

Please no naysayers about what I think. I live here and I read the paper every day.

I'll agree that while the area doesn't look rough in the daylight, it is. We had the misfortune of staying at the Comfort Inn right next door to the Hampton Inn on Stirling. We checked in around midnight and walking to the room was an experience I prefer not to repeat. There were a few ladies hanging out that I'm sure could have been rented by the hour and more than one or two shaddy looking people just hanging out. I was relieved to get to the room only to discover the dead bolt didn't lock.

Now during the early morning the next day, I walked down to the McDonalds and it wasn't quite as bad. A few interesting people in that McDonalds maybe but it seemed most of the night creatures had gone to bed for the morning.

I agree I'd be careful about going out on foot in this area. Because of this I choose to book the Hampton Inn north for our next one nighter pre-cruise.

Hi lindanick, Thank you for your response. We are on the Westerdam Dec 03. We are intending to use the hotel shuttle to the hotel..so no rental.

I checked Pier 66 for Dec 02, sold out. We were just hoping that a store

would be in walking distance to purchase soda & wine & water. I guess we can always take a cab. My parents stayed at the Amerisutes and said the place was a complete dump and checked out that same day, and went to the Sheraton Trader. Were not elderly, so we can walk it as long as it is safe. Any other hotel ideas would be most apprecciated...thanks rexter

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport North last December. Not sure which one Lindanick is advising against. It was very nice, the shuttle service was very good, we had dinner at a great pizza restaurant in the shopping center next door, and they let you park there for $15/cruise. I used Hilton Miles and got a free room there, but am staying there again in December for about $110.

The bad Hampton Inn is on Stirling Rd. Near I-95. The Oakwood Plaza is behind the hotel. And yes there is a Comfort Inn next door. I would not use either one of these.

The Hampton Inn in Plantation is a much better location for safety. There are tons of stores nearby. All Publix supermarkets sell water and wine. I believe that the movie theater is close by. My only surprize is that they pick you up at the airport. It is about 13 miles away from the airport. 14 miles from the port.

I think that the rate for Hyatt is only for the summer. With Hyatt reservations you always seem to have to know a code. Ask for a bed and breakfast stay. Senior rates, AAA member rate. I'm not real sure but December 2nd just might be the Christmas boat parade.

Linda

The bad Hampton Inn is on Stirling Rd. Near I-95. The Oakwood Plaza is behind the hotel. And yes there is a Comfort Inn next door. I would not use either one of these.

The Hampton Inn in Plantation is a much better location for safety. There are tons of stores nearby. All Publix supermarkets sell water and wine. I believe that the movie theater is close by. My only surprize is that they pick you up at the airport. It is about 13 miles away from the airport. 14 miles from the port.

I think that the rate for Hyatt is only for the summer. With Hyatt reservations you always seem to have to know a code. Ask for a bed and breakfast stay. Senior rates, AAA member rate. I'm not real sure but December 2nd just might be the Christmas boat parade.

Linda

The Hampton Inn FLL Airport North is actually closer to the airport than the Hampton Inn on Stirling. The Hampton Inn in Plantation does not list a shuttle for the airport or port on Hilton's web site but only lists the hotel as being a little over 7 miles from the airport.

The Hampton Inn FLL Airport North is listed at:

2301 SW 12th Avenue

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, United States, 33315

1-954-524-9900

1.75 miles from airport

This is from the Hilton web site. Of course, I've sometimes found the information given on a web site to not always be 100% accurate.

I have/had reservation for December 20-23 at the Amerisuites hoping for the renovations that where to take place this year....now as there are no hopes of that occuring prior to December...started looking for better options as DD and I do not want to start our vacation in a dive.

As a child born in the 50's I have stayed in many Mom and Pop Motels, but DD has been use to better accommodations.

We stayed at the Embassey Suites last year just for one night but in one of the older room which had not been updated. At 200. per night, I thought it was expensive for what we received. Breakfast was good, but still I do not believe that it was that great a value.

That said we have chosen the Hampton Inn Plantation pre-cruise and the Holiday Inn Plantation post-cruise. We will have a rental car so we can get to the beach, shops, sights, etc and at the cost of 116. for two nights and then 98.10 for the last night it was a deal (in my humble opinion). Considering they have the breakfast each morning and daily maid service DD and I can run the city!

Post rates at the Holiday Inn Express in Plantation was at 107 per night. with breakfast included.

With all the other costs, it is imperitive for this working girl to cut back and at 200 per night, that just seems steep to me.

Linda

There are three Hampton Inns in the area. Hampton Inn, 2500 Stirling rd. Not good. Hampton Inn 2323 sw 12th ave. To close to highway noise. Hard to get in and out. Not to great of an area. It used to be great. There was a great restuarant close by. Its gone. Hampton Inn Plantation, safer location, lots of stores close by. I just called then and they do offer free transportation from Ft. Lauderdale airport and to Port Everglades.

Me living here and one of the few who love tourists, I want everyone to stay in a safe and clean place. I hate to read when tourists get ripped off. :mad:

Linda

:)

Hello all! We are a group of 24 coming in to FLL a day before our cruise. I searched and searched for safety, breakfast, cleanliness, economy, convenience to food, FREE shuttle to/from the airport etc. I did a lot of research on these boards and we decided on the Hampton Inn Plantation. It had good reviews on trip advisor as well as hotels.com. I have been in contact with the manager and she is really on the ball. I am hoping that this is going to be a great hotel for us. I will post more upon my return in August!

Jean

Thanks for the info on the HI Sterling ave. and the HI North. Your types of feedback are exactly what I was looking for.

Looking currently at the HI Plantation and also a Garden Inn near the airport. Still keeping the Embassy Suites in reserve, but wanting to go a bit cheaper than that.

Linda - you are doing such a great job for all of us. THANK YOU for taking the time. I hope you can answer some more questions. We may be staying in Ft Lauderdale the night before our cruise out of Miami (we fly into FLL).

If we don't rent a car (not sure yet):

1. Is Hampton North (12th Ave) near a place to get wine? We'll be arriving at 7:00pm on a Saturday night. Are the stores still open? Will we need to take a cab? Is there anyplace walkable to get some food - pizza, sit down, fast food - we dont' care.

2. Same questions for Hampton Plantation.

3. Is either of these hotels in the direction of Miami. I don't know if we'll go back to the airport or try to get a ride from the hotel (which would be better for us).

4. Do you know how I can get taxi or limo rates from FLL (or Hampton Hotels) to Port of Miami?

Thanks,

Diane

Linda - you are doing such a great job for all of us. THANK YOU for taking the time. I hope you can answer some more questions. We may be staying in Ft Lauderdale the night before our cruise out of Miami (we fly into FLL).

If we don't rent a car (not sure yet):

1. Is Hampton North (12th Ave) near a place to get wine? We'll be arriving at 7:00pm on a Saturday night. Are the stores still open? Will we need to take a cab? Is there anyplace walkable to get some food - pizza, sit down, fast food - we dont' care.

2. Same questions for Hampton Plantation.

3. Is either of these hotels in the direction of Miami. I don't know if we'll go back to the airport or try to get a ride from the hotel (which would be better for us).

4. Do you know how I can get taxi or limo rates from FLL (or Hampton Hotels) to Port of Miami?

Thanks,

I would head down to the Miami area. Both Hamptons you are talking about are in the opposite direction for Miami. There is a good Holiday inn on Biscayne Blvd. Its across the street from Bayside.

They are right, a cab from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Port of Miami is about $65.oo each way.

There are a few inexpensive places to lay your head down. Sleep Inn in Dania has a small new motel. A publix supermarket is across the street to get wine. Buy it Sat. Night, you can't get it Sun morn there. Also there is a few restuarants in the same shopping center.

There is also a Marriott on Hollwood Beach that is beautiful. A little pricey. Its in a great area. I think that there still is a Clarion Inn on the beach also. I have not driven that far south in a while.

Linda

Hi Lindanick,

Do you have any idea how the Hampton Cypress is ?

Too far away from everything. Its a very commercial hotel. Meaning lots of corporate meetings there. On the weekends there is nothing going on. You must have a car if staying there.

Archived