Freestyle menus

thesorcerer1

Are the menus posted at all the resturants and do they change every night and where are they. Wouldn't you need this before you make reservations? How difficult is it to make reservations? We are going to be doing an 11 day so we hope to see everyone at least once. Am I to understand there is one open 20hrs. Have only sailed Disney and RC in the past and first time free styling. Thanks George

Hi,

The menus are in cases by each restaurant. You can also see all the menus at the restaurant reservation desk in the atrium. I believe the menus change all the time except at the Pacific Heights. They have the same one all week. I am not certain if every specialty restaurant changes theirs each day. The two main dining rooms do change daily.

Donna

I think that on all NCL ships, only the main dining rooms menus change daily (lunch and dinner), and the buffet changes daily as well for lunch and dinner. I believe the specialty restaurants (Le Bistro, Cagney's steakhouse, etc.) offer the same menu each evening. The breakfast menu in the dining room is generally the same daily (eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, pancakes, french toast, fresh fruit, danish, hot and cold cereals, omelettes, etc.), with a breakfast special each morning as well as specials from Cooking Light (which are quite good actually). The breakfast buffets have your basic standard breakfast items (eggs, pancakes, french toast, bacon, ham, sausage, cereals, omelettes made to order, etc.).

Usually in the main lobby where the specialty restaurant reservation area is, there will be a different line for each of the specialty restaurants. You can view the menu at each of these individual spots and then decide if you would like to dine there. Sometimes they allow you to view the entire sailing's dinner menus from the main dining room, but some people say they were turned down when asking for these at the Purser's Desk in the main lobby. After lunch is over each day though, the dinner menu should be displayed outside each main dining room. Enjoy your cruise!

-Bonnie

Are the menus posted at all the resturants and do they change every night and where are they. Wouldn't you need this before you make reservations? How difficult is it to make reservations? We are going to be doing an 11 day so we hope to see everyone at least once. Am I to understand there is one open 20hrs. Have only sailed Disney and RC in the past and first time free styling. Thanks George

What ship are you on? The restaurants differ by ship.

The 24 hour restaurant, (Blue Lagoon on most ships) is on the newer ships like the Dawn, Star, Jewel, POAm and POH.

The main dining rooms are free but do not take reservations.

The Italian and Tex-Mex restaurants are free but require reservations.

The buffet is free and does not take reservations....duh!

The other specialty restaurants require reservations and have a per person cover charge of $12-25 or ala carte pricing depending on the restaurant.

Again, the name of your ship will enable us to give you a more precise answer.

When exactly can you make dinner reservations and what if you have to leave for an excursion all day? Having only sailed on ships with set dinner times and dinning room's with the exception of speciality resturants is getting a reservation that night? Thanks George

When exactly can you make dinner reservations and what if you have to leave for an excursion all day? Having only sailed on ships with set dinner times and dinning room's, with the exception of speciality resturants, is getting a reservation at any place you want tough. Sorry for the previous post? Thanks again George

Archived