Deposit towards future cruise

stever

In 2003 we put down $200 towards a future cruise while on the Golden. At the time we were told it would expire in 2 years. About a year and a half later I knew we would not be sailing Princess within the time period. So I called to get my $200 back, and was told there is no expiration date for these anymore so use it whenever you like. Today I called to get the $200 back because we have decided we probably wouldn't sail Princess for a long time. I was put on hold to see if it had expired. I explained that I was informed there was no expiration. Long story short, they expire in 4 years and Robin at the 800# is very rude. We got are money back since we were in the time period allowed, but it does bother me that I was told expiration time periods of 2 years then none then 4 years. Lastly, if I didn't call I wouldn't have my $200. Wouldn't it be nice if Princess would call people and tell them their deposits are going to expire shortly and see if they would like to book a cruise or recieve a refund. What a concept a honest and respectable company. LOL Steve

We just used our future cruise deposit to book the Baltics for 2007. Purchased it while onboard the Golden in March 2006.

It was clearly stated that we had up to 4 years from the time of purchase to apply it towards a future cruise.

It is a great deal! $125 Can. each now and we have the ability to cancel without penalty right up til July 2007.

Good to know yours was refunded to you.

Archived