staterooms

Silverdollar

I have another question..... guess u can tell by now that i am a "NEWBIE" when it comes to cruising....:

can anyone tell me why NCL Dawn will not allow 4 ppl in a balcony room but will squeeze 4 into an oceanview and inside stateroom..... this makes no sense to me. I wanted a balcony room, but I was told by my TA that ncl does not allow 4 in a balcony room unless its a mini suite and up...so i told him to check into a mini suite, it will cost me almost 2000 more! thats nuts!

The bed arrangement may not allow for 4 people. By the way, you might want to read some threads about 4 in a cabin. Some folks do it and are happy, and others swear they will never ever do it again. Before you even think of the mini suite, think about getting one balcony and one inside cabin.

And, since you mentioned you are a newbie, a suggestion. On future postings, make your Title/Subject line a bit more descriptive.

Balcony staterooms have 2 twin beds + 1 single sofa bed, it's the reason they can't acomodate 4 people (no pull out bed, no pull down bed).

I agree with the previous poster. If your kids are old enough, you should consider 2 inside cabins or 1 balcony + 1 inside across the hall.

I have another question..... guess u can tell by now that i am a "NEWBIE" when it comes to cruising....:

can anyone tell me why NCL Dawn will not allow 4 ppl in a balcony room but will squeeze 4 into an oceanview and inside stateroom..... this makes no sense to me. I wanted a balcony room, but I was told by my TA that ncl does not allow 4 in a balcony room unless its a mini suite and up...so i told him to check into a mini suite, it will cost me almost 2000 more! thats nuts!

I am a newbie of sorts, haven't cruised in 15 years. NCL said that it has to do with lifeboats. When I booked my cruise, they look at how many ppl are in each room...If there are too many suites with say 4ppl, then they will close or limit the # of ppl in a particular room. NCL said they have to make sure they have enough lifeboat space. (Not a Titanic)

My sister in law her DH and 2 DD are in the same situation. We have 3 so booked a balcony but she has 4 and wanted the balcony also. Last time on the Carnival Miracle they had a cat 11 suite with 4. On the NCL spirit she can't get a balcony or a Penthouse suite for 4. She can only get an "INSIDE" cabin not even an oceanview. They are still debating what to do. 2 Balcony or 2 inside or 1 balcony and 1 inside lol decisions decisions.

The Spirit Oceanviews do hold 4. They have a pullman and a chair that turns into a bed besides the regular two beds. I am not sure why they didn't tell you this. The Dawn Balcony rooms only hold three. I never understood why they were set up that way. I agree that at somepoint it does run into the issue of seats on the lifeboats but since the lifeboats can hold about 150% of the lower berths, I truely never understood that either.

garycarla,

first off, sorry my title line wasnt descriptive enough, i've seen worse. 2nd Wouldnt it cost MORE to get 2 rooms, (inside or outside) than to just pay the extra 2000 for the mini suite. It looks like we will just have to grin and bare it for the week, besides my kids are too young to stay alone and neither of us want an inside room. Hey maybe we will get a free upgrade!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the suggestions.

I believe that in some cases you can get a second room at 50% off and it will sometimes work out to less than the cost of the 3 or 4th in the same room. This is one of those times that a knowledgeable TA would be very helpful. One that knows the rules, the rooms and the clients needs.

having stayed in a balcony room I would find it hard for more than two people...yes they have 2 twins together and a small loveseat that pulls out to a cot but when that's out there's no way to walk around or get out to the balcony....we found it tight with 2 and wouldn't even try to get a 3rd in there, but it's doable but very tight....4 no way....

Since you said you likely just grin and bear it, be sure to tell your TA you'd be interested in an upsell.

You might get that minisuite for very little extra $$ and certainly less than the $2000 extra you mention.

Hope something good comes your way.:D

Enjoy your cruise and come back and tell us all about it. Many others will be interested in finding out how you managed.

will do snorklin'barb! thanks for the suggestion to ask TA about inquiring more into the upsell. I almost freaked when he said 2000! I am just a bit claustrophobic (sp) and I just wanted a bigger space, actually wanted the balcony to run out on in case I feel a bit cramped. lol Thanks for everything!~

Archived