Requesting Table Size

I booked the Navigator through Travelocity. The TA asked which seating we preferred (main or late) but didn't ask what table size. Our cruise is in a week. Should I try to put in a table size request now through Travelocity or wait until we board the ship?

Definately call both your TA and RCCL directly. Double check what was put into the computer and then check with RCCL too. It will much better and much easier to do it before yoru cruise, than to worry about it when your onboard. You can still check with the Maitre'd once your on board and if it's still not right, then fix it again. But definately call your TA and ask them and then check with RCCL. I have made numerous calls to my TA and RCCL directly regarding my cruise in August (many more calls to come, it's so fun! haha) and they're all very friendly and patient and will answer any and as many questions you have!

Usually you can get a table for 2 (not too many of these) 6, 8 and 10 (not as many of these either). We always ask for a table for 10 and have met some great people, some of which we've cruised with since.

I requested a table for four, and was told that they could only put in requests for small or large tables. They put us down as requesting a small table. Aren't there any talbes for four on Voyager class ships? I only see 2 and 6 listed in the post above...

There are tables for four, we have gotten one on each of three Voyager-class cruises. I always understood "small" to be a 4-6 person table. I'm not very observant, but I don't recall ever seeing a 2-person table.

The important thing is to check out your dining room assignment the afternoon you board. Last cruise we requested a small and got a large, but the maitre de was able to reassign us. I imagine that's a lot easier for them to accomodate a few hours before dinner than during dinner.

Our TA asked us if we wanted a small or large table. We requested small, but she told us that there weren't many tables for two(we were on our honeymoon.)

We were seated at a table with two other couples and we had a great time. I did see tables that held many people (I never bothered to count). I believe that if you are travelling together you will be sitting together at dinner.

Archived