Are We out of our Minds!!!!

Hi wishing!! I think I am confused as to why that is a crazy date. Let me tell you, a cruise any date, is better than no date at all!! Maybe you can elaborate as to the problem.

Why do you think you are crazy? Because it is Easter week? If yes, then just know that there will be LOTS of kids and families on board. Your daughter will have a ball. We went winter break this past year, as members of our group were teachers, there were a ton of kids on board and I think your cruise will be about the same.

If that is when you can sail, go for it. Just remember cruising is an addiction and so are these boards.

Sue

It's the week after Easter Sunday and I think Spring Break for many people. Just concerned that it'll be nuts. Like Disney at Christmas:)

No, I dont think you're crazy at all. We cruised on the Jewel, 6 night Western, on April 2 this year. There were a lot of kids and teens, but not as many as we thought there would be. Just a heads up, for Spring Break, don't book your cabin next to a quad cabin :eek: . There were 4 college boys in there, drunk all of the time, banging into the walls and yelling at all hours of the night. To say the least it was miserable and even though we hated to (having tennages ourselves) we did call security twice. They were told on the second time that if security had to come one more time, they would be asked to leave the ship in Costa Maya or Grand Cayman. Needless to say, the noise stopped ;) . But, we didn't let that ruin our cruise, and besides that, everybody was really well bahaved, much like cruising in the summer. By April, most people have already had their Spring Break, and a bartender told us that our week was really the end of the Spring Break season, with the exception of a few places. You shouldn't have anything to worry about. Enjoy your cruise!

Anytime, is a perfect time, to cruise. I would not focus at all on the date as to what week it is, I would focus more on how far away that date is!! LOL!! You and your family are going to experience the most amazing vacation!!! Focus on your list of what to bring and what clothes you'll bring and all the fun stuff that goes into it!! I would also go over to the Roll Calls and see if there is a thread going for that cruise and join it. You'll get to know some of the people that will be cruising with you before hand.

Thank you all so much for helping a poor newbie!

You've made me feel so much better and just that more excited! I'm also nervous, overwhelmed and insecure. :o Oh well, just time to do all that you said dzboss1, packing lists, haunt these boards like a stalker and plan,plan,plan.

I'm very excited and can't wait.

Thanks to all!:D

Glad to help Wishing...I still have my 6/30 Explorer thread on the Meet And Mingle Roll Calls. If you have any additional questions or want to pump up the excitement, please come over and see me.

Dear Wishing: I'm a psychologist by profession :)

You are NOT crazy!! As another poster noted - ANYTIME at sea is better than any other options!

You will have a blast. Nervousness is normal, but once you get on board and figure things out - like where to get food - it will all sort itself out quickly.

I took my 85-year-old mom on her first cruise last year - and she is afraid of water!! She had a great time, and was ready to adopt our waiter :rolleyes:

She will be joining my wife and sister again in September - at 86 years old!

Get out there!!

Hello "Wishing"!! If you're going on this cruise, we'll be sailing with you!!! My Mom and I will be in one balcony cabin and my Sister, her husband, and my two nieces will be next door. My hubby's staying home and babysitting his nephews that week since we're planning an October 2007 Hawaii cruise. He says one cruise a year is enough for him! We think he's crazy!! It probably will be a "busy" ship but...most of the cruises we've been on lately have been "full" so...we're used to it. I hope it's more "young" kids than the college partiers though, for our sake since we'll have kids with us and...we're not much of partiers ourselves!! Anyway...my nieces will be 9 and "barely" 13 next April. The older one is very shy so....I'm not sure if she is too "gung ho" on attending the kid's club since she can't go with her Sister because of the age group split. So...she may be "hanging out" with us!! I'm not sure though...she could surprise us and decide to go. My younger niece is more outgoing and will probably attend more of the "kid's club" activities. If they go there right away and meet some of the other kids, they usually meet "friends" to hang with all week. We usually take kids with us when we cruise and this has been our experience most of the time. Anyway, if you do go, we'll probably see you onboard...and maybe the girls will meet!!!

Archived