Carry on info

coolcatt

Guest BeckyThane
I am going aboard the Crown Princess on Aug 16 :cool:

Hey, Coolcatt! Welcome aboard!!! Please join our roll call for the 8/16 voyage: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=260854

This will be my first cruise and I was wondering if it would be difficult to bring alcohol or a case of beer my luggage.

Officially, only wine and champagne may be brought aboard. Unofficially... a number of posters here have had success "smuggling" liquor aboard. Just be prepared for the possibility that, according to Princess' rules, it can be confiscated "for safekeeping" for you until you disembark.

33 days and counting!

~ Becky

I took on a bottle of Crowne Royal last year and just packed it in my checked luggage. Secured it well and wrapped it in a garbage bag for extra protection. No problem.

On our first cruise, a couple on our roll call carried on an entire case of champagne, wine and two large bottles of tequila for a sailaway party. They also had no problem, so it can be done.

It all depends on the ship and the staff at the time you board.

Just understand how bulky a case of beer is. Your carry on will have little room for anything else.

A standard rollaboard beer cooler will solve that problem. You could even strap a lawn chair to it.

Still working on the grill problem, though. Darn thing won't fit thru the scanners.:p

...and only a "reasonable" amount of wine and /or champagne or however they word it.. I am not sure they would allow a case!

Actually I almost always bring up to 12 bottles of wine aboard Princess on 12-18 day cruises and have never even been questioned about it.

I believe it's mostly the hard liquor they are trying to control

Archived