Any one married on shore??

We were married in Dec 2004 at the Sunspree Villa in St. Thomas. Patty at A Wedding For You was our coordinator.

I wore a simple gown and my husband wore a tux with a white jacket. Orginally we were going to go more casual, but he decided he wanted the tux.

It was just the two of us and was absolutely wonderfu.

• 6 months later...
I'll be getting married in St. Maarten in March 2007 - using Sint Maarten Marry Me.

Congrats! I'm kinda leaning more toward getting married in St Maarten, but I not sure If there is a requirements. Can you please let me know. Also, is the price less expenise than getting married on the cruise ship? Thanks

Congrats! I'm kinda leaning more toward getting married in St Maarten, but I not sure If there is a requirements. Can you please let me know. Also, is the price less expenise than getting married on the cruise ship? Thanks

Yes there are quite a few requirements but nothing to be concerned about as long as you do it early. You need birth certifictes for bride and groom, each with Apostilles. You also need the passports (or copies) from 6 witnesses. They all just scanned them and emailed them to me. My planners are doing the rest as far as registering everything. My wedding is less than a month away (March 5) so I can let you know how everything goes (with pictures) once it's all said and done.

The price really depends on how many people and exactly what you want included. The thing that I liked about the outside company instead of the cruise ship company is that I can completely customize everything including where the ceremony and reception take place. We will be marrying at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort in their wedding gazebo and will be having a reception following the ceremony. Everything has been customized and that's what I was looking for since we will be having about 30 guests.

Again, I will be sending out pics once everything is done!

Mickey001, you are so lucky. My fiance is being a brat about wearing a tux, even though he owns one and wore it to his friend's wedding last year. I bought a gorgeous ballgown style dress and I'm hoping he will find a nice tan suit or tux to wear beside me. We'll see. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I would like to hear from some previous brides about their on shore weddings or from others planning to "Tie the Knot Ashore" Thanks!

Hi - we were married on St Thomas Magens Bay last december, I have raved on about it on several threads, but if I can help answer any questions I would be happy to email me at delice.taylor@allcomm.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got married on the beach in Grand Cayman in February. I loved every moment of it and would not have done it any other way!! I have posted a few reviews and also have posted the link to my professional pics on here before!! If you have any questions feel free to email me!

Hi~

We are getting married on the beach in Ocho Rios, Jamaica on June 6, 2007. My dress is a very simply "sundress" type of wedding dress without any "bling"... no beading or lace, has a very small train... I'm actually thinking about having it taken off. I will not be wearing a veil. My hair will be in a very loose/informal updo with some fresh orchids pinned in the back.

My FI is wearing a linen suit with a very sheer white linen shirt, he will leave his shirt untucked... we will not be wearing any shoes during the ceremony... although I have some very simple sandals & he has flip flops to wear there/back from the ship & during the mini reception.

It is exactly what we both have dreamed about... very casual, but elegant at the same time.

I know my story is probably not typical and I don't want to scare anyone but I think people should know what happened so perhaps it will not happen to anyone else....

I planned my whole cruise and vacation around the wedding. I hired a wedding coordinator on one of the Islands we were visiting on the cruise. The whole thing sounded like a dream come true. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was about the whole thing. It was my dream to get married in a tropical location and surprise all of my family, friends and coworkers with the news. Only a very few people knew of our plans before we left.

As part of the planning process I sent my legal documents to the planner in January for an April wedding. The wedding planner sent the documentation to the legal offices three times prior to my arrival. I was told everything was in order.

When I arrived at my destination, I found out otherwise. It appears that the legal office never reviewed my documents prior to my arrival. When they reviewed it hours before I was scheduled to be married they decided they had some questions. They said they needed another document, which of course I did not have with me and had no way of getting it at that point.

The wedding did not take place, I am now so distraught over the whole mess. I don't know if I will ever get over it. My dream wedding turned out to be an absolute disaster.

Before I left, I sent out announcements, and invitations to a party that I have scheduled in a couple of weeks of my return home. I did it that way so we could show our pictures and the video of the ceremony at the reception. It was too late to stop the mail and I have already paid deposits for the reception venue and the DJ.

When we returned home our answering machine was full of messages from people calling to congratulate us on our nuptials and want to know about what an awesome time we had. Of course, that all just adds to our depression.

Since I have returned home, I have found out that the document they needed would cost $5.00 and I can go pick up a copy at anytime. The whole nightmare could have been avioded if I had been told prior to my departure what they needed. I would have been more than happy to provide it for them.

There is nothing I could have done differently to have prevented this from happening.

BEWARE!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted a vow renewal on a cruise ship for our 10th wedding anniversary. It would just be the two of us and our three children. However, we are pretty certain that, due to the children, we will choose Disney Cruise Line, and their vow renewal and wedding packages are ridiculously expensive IMHO. So, I am now thinking that I should plan the renewal when we are in port in Nassau.

I could really use some recommendations on locations or wedding consultants. I don't want to spend more than $500 and would prefer for it to be at a resort/hotel facility where the kids could go swimming afterward.

Thanks for any help.

Archived