Amerisuites on 17th, ft. Lauderdale

Hughbud

We returned from our first cruise vacation today and stayed at Amerisuites prior to cruising. We had two rooms for nine people (kids included). We found the staff very friendly (thanks Tim!), the room quite adequate for one night, a yummy breakfast, a convenient shuttle to and from the port AND free parking for our van. We had no problems and would not hesitate to stay there again for one night. Plus, good places to eat and a grocery store within walking distance.

I will agree, Amerisuites in Fort Lauderdale is a very nice and convenient place to stay prior to a cruise. It certainly gets rave reviews from us! However, it seems that Amerisuites recently changed their policy on parking, and when I called yesterday to confirm a reservation for December, I was told that the charge is now $12 a day to leave a car there for the duration of a cruise. For 11 days of parking fees, that adds up to $132 :eek: without adding in the tax and room charge. Evidently, from a prior post, this new policy to charge for parking has not gone into effect yet. Does anyone else have any more info on this?

Archived