Amerisuites on 17th, ft. Lauderdale

Hughbud

I have looked at the Amerisuites on 17th Ave for a pre-cruise night in October.It is only $79.00 if you go thru the Valuetrips.com website. Their website looks very nice and the suites look nice. You certainly cannot beat the price. They have airport pck-up/drop-off, but not sure about port. Since it's only 2 miles away, a taxi cannot cost that much. Anyone stayed here before and can verify that it's as nice as pictures on website look.

Thanks

Hughbudicon7.gif

This has been a hot topic on this forum. A quick search will afford you many variing opinions ;)

Personally, I've been there twice and that was once too many times. If I were assurred that renovations were to be completed before my stay, I would consider it... but reluctantly.

Good luck!

A~

"Ditto" We stayed there in June and we said never again until the renovations are complete. It took them four tries to get us a room that didn't have holes all in the walls or the exhaust fan in the bathroom hanging by the wires.

I have looked at the Amerisuites on 17th Ave for a pre-cruise night in October.It is only $79.00 if you go thru the Valuetrips.com website. Their website looks very nice and the suites look nice. You certainly cannot beat the price. They have airport pck-up/drop-off, but not sure about port. Since it's only 2 miles away, a taxi cannot cost that much. Anyone stayed here before and can verify that it's as nice as pictures on website look.

Thanks

Hughbudicon7.gif

We stayed 3 nights pre cruise as of April this year. The room was ok, clean but tired. The breakfast was very good, a great variety.

Yes, in April, they did do port drop off.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Friends of the CC boards we met at the AS, said the same thing..............all 65 of us !!!!!!! :p

In a nice way, again I would not put my dogs up there. Look at the threads regarding this hotel. Look at trip advisor. Most people either save up for a cruise + hotel...or there are the people than can just book it and afford it. Bottom line...if you save up for a cruise..save up some more money and stay in a nice place...just like saving up for a wonderful cruise.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !!!

In a nice way, again I would not put my dogs up there. Look at the threads regarding this hotel. Look at trip advisor. Most people either save up for a cruise + hotel...or there are the people than can just book it and afford it. Bottom line...if you save up for a cruise..save up some more money and stay in a nice place...just like saving up for a wonderful cruise.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !!!

I hope you saw the little icon - I was joking.

I too have read the reviews, and have booked Holiday Inn Express on 17th street.

Like you say, it's a vacation, so why not pay a few extra dollars, and have it be first class all of the way.

We would hate to fly into Ft. Lauderdale, then spend the night in a not so nice hotel, while anticipating the cruise.

Just doesn't quite fit the bill for us. After paying thousands for a cruise, and airfare, it seems useless to quibble over thirty to fifty more dollars for a nice hotel.

The opposite side of this is that many look at the hotel as only a one night spot to sleep - and that is all they want or expect.

Whatever works for the individual is what is important.

Oops Sailaways, very sorry to ya ! :)

I concur on your statements. Sometimes when I view these threads I think to myself...come on people your paying thousands for the cruise...so cough up alittle more $$ and stay at a nice hotel. Anyways...sorry again to ya....

Oops Sailaways, very sorry to ya ! :)

I concur on your statements. Sometimes when I view these threads I think to myself...come on people your paying thousands for the cruise...so cough up alittle more $$ and stay at a nice hotel. Anyways...sorry again to ya....

No apology was necessary. I understood your inference, and was surely joking about taking your dog to an unsavory place:eek: .

This talking with strangers on the internet gets a little confusing sometimes without facial and voice expressions missing, doesn't it?

You are right on target as far as I am concerned. There is no way that I am going to spend hours on this thing trying to save fifty bucks - It will go for one thing or another anyway - might as well be towards my sanity, and a nice spot to lay my head in Ft. Lauderdale for the night.:) :)

Thanks for the thoughtfulness!

I have stayed there twice and never had a problem. Guess I am

in the minority.

I am staying there again in December for the 79.00 on Value Trips.

Both times I stayed there my room and bathroom were clean.

So to me it wasn't a dump. No, it wasn't 5stars but it was more than

acceptable. Yes, they offer a complimentary shuttle but you are correct,

a cab is about 6.00 to the port. I have done both.

As you can see, many folks think it is horrible while others of us

find it fine for a pre-cruise stay.

Different strokes for different folks.

LoisR, your absolutely right, it was an excellent property and I truly hope you get a decent room that your accustomed to.

The problem is they're not replacing anything that's showing wear and tear as they normally would if it were to remain Amerisuites. Why put money into a property that's going to be gutted, rebuilt and rebranded. So torn and stained carpets remain, nicked and scuffed furniture remain, etc.

While its still habitable, for those that are used to a clean, decent Amerisuites, it's no longer there.

LoisR, your absolutely right, it was an excellent property and I truly hope you get a decent room that your accustomed to.

The problem is they're not replacing anything that's showing wear and tear as they normally would if it were to remain Amerisuites. Why put money into a property that's going to be gutted, rebuilt and rebranded. So torn and stained carpets remain, nicked and scuffed furniture remain, etc.

While its still habitable, for those that are used to a clean, decent Amerisuites, it's no longer there.

Bequia...hmmm...I take your advice more than most around here.

But I read Maggie's recent review and she was pleased with the hotel.

Now, Extended Stay has the same price for my needed date...you

think I would be better changing hotels?

I was going to try and use Priceline but December is high season

so I probably won't be getting much of a deal.

Thanks again.

Bequia...hmmm...I take your advice more than most around here.

But I read Maggie's recent review and she was pleased with the hotel.

Now, Extended Stay has the same price for my needed date...you

think I would be better changing hotels?

I was going to try and use Priceline but December is high season

so I probably won't be getting much of a deal.

Thanks again.

Lois and others,

Our room was fine, except the peeling paint on the bathroom walls as I mentioned in my review. If those sorts of things bother you, then don't stay here as I have heard many say they are not refreshing things like that. But if that doesn't bother you and you want an inexpensive stay for one night pre-cruise, it will be fine.

I can only report what it was like in our room, but the beds were fine and comfortable. Everything worked. Wireless internet for free. The staff was helpful. The breakfast was a very extended continental breakfast with many hot items and make your own waffles, etc. Shuttles to both port and airport. Plus they will take you to other places in area too. Restaurants within walking distance.

For perspective, my family is easy to please. We do not need deluxe accomodations, but we wont stay in flea bag places either. But I would rather save the $100 on the hotel and spend it on the cruise pictures!! If I could get another hotel that got good reviews for the same price, I might consider it. But the next best option we had was Embassy Suites for $100 more. In that case, we chose Amerisuites.

Here is a link to my review with pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=371060

Maggie

Hi Lois...You've stayed at the Amerisuites a number of times now. My advice to you, keep your reservation and stay there. Your a repeat customer, valued in the hotel trade. If for any reason the room does not or has not met your standards bring it to the attention of the MOD (manager on duty) perhaps he/she will do the right thing. One good thing is that it's a Hyatt property now. Hyatt did not become Hyatt by pissing off their customers. I'm sure they will be responsive if your not happy. So with that said Lois keep your room and share your experience with the board when all is said and done. :)

We stayed there three years ago so we could park our car and leave it. They shuttled us to the port and we took a cab back to get our car for $5.00. It isn't a dump.. I would also rather save the hundred dollars for the cruise. I called the otheer day to make reservations for the 22nd of November. They said they did not shuttle to the pier. I did not like the sound of the person I was taking with so hung up... So I will eaither call back or find someplace else. Is the Holliday Inn express also close if it is on 17th ?

I spoke with Amerisuites today and asked about the renovations (referenced in a lot of posts lately). The young lady told me that they are only changing furnature so we should have no problems. I did not ask about the shuttle.

Just wanted to let everyone know. Ron

Okay:rolleyes: Now I am starting too second guess myself on my choice of hotel. I am staying for one night Nov. 24th. $75.00. Is anyone else finding anthing in that price range for the same time?

Carrie

Okay:rolleyes: Now I am starting too second guess myself on my choice of hotel. I am staying for one night Nov. 24th. $75.00. Is anyone else finding anthing in that price range for the same time?

Carrie

Checkout the SLeep Inn: There is a long thread lower down on this page. Check out the posts on page 4 for a link for discounted rates (smartertravel.com) Here is a directlink (if it works) for 11/24/06

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=FL664&sid=VyNd.kdESMg2q7g.4&sarea=5599&sname=Dania&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=26.051944732666016&slon=-80.1441650390625&schain=A&exp=&scity=Dania&sort=&month=11&day=24&depart_month=11&depart_day=25&srp=SSO&nadult=2&nchild=0

They provide complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and cruise port as well as complimentary breakfast. Worth looking into, anyways

A~

ok, you need to go to the link mentioned in the sleep inn thread on page 4 to get the rates starting at $87.99 for a king room. The link I gave above changes for some reason... but when I use the smartertravel.com link, I get the lower rates. HTH

A~

We stayed at this motel last year, and found it neat, clean,and within walking distance to stores, restaurants, etc.. We were also able to leave our car there during our cruise, and had planned to stay there again this year until I found out that Amerisuites is now charging $12/day to leave a car there. Just knew it was too good to last!:(

Archived