Rotary Meeting on Princess Cruise

LILynn

Hi -

I am saling Princess for the first time (not first cruise - just first with Princess). I saw in one of the Princess Paters that there was a Rotary and Lions meeting listed in the schedule. It was just in one of the Patters. Does anyone know if this is something that is typical for a cruise. If not - how can I request it?

It would be nice to meet fellow Rotarians on my cruise.

Thanks in advance

Lynn

I have been to several. Not many have ever shown up, but in talking with the cruise director, sometimes there is a large group. I usually go, since they provide a make-up card to take home. It's worth a try! Last year I was President of our club and took back 3 make-ups!

Here's to "Service Above Self"!

Janet

There will be a notice posted in the PP's as to time and location of the service club meeting(s). Nice to meet other Rotarians (and others too). Our club has always honored these make-ups but it does say in the Manual of Procedures that they are not legitimate make-ups. You can also do an on-line make-up, but certainly not as much fun.

I've seen Rotary meetings on some cruises but not on others. My suggestion is to let the Cruise Director know you're interested and he'll either let you know when there will be a meeting or if no, perhaps put one together.

It may simply be listed in the Patter (newspaper) as "service club meeting" for members of all service clubs (rotarians, lions, etc.) to come. It's frequently on a ship day.

Per above ... "Service Club Meeting" is always listed (normally, on At Sea days) in the Patter! DH normally goes to get a "make-up" card for Rotary.

With over 17 years of perfect attendance, I have always "made up" while on cruises. A few CD's have "forgotten" to host a service club meeting, but when I remind them, they always come through. On several, the ship's staff has hosted cocktails for attendees. I've seen as many as a couple of dozen folks show up, and as few as one (me).

I also strive to make up in foreign ports - an incredibly gratifying experience and a unique way to experience first hand the culture of the locale you're visiting.

Mike (past president, Rotary Club of Palm Springs, 1996-97)

Archived