Magesty..will it be a letdown

iceman991

I have not been on either of those ships. so I have nothing to compare to. I do know that if you are looking for all the bells and whistles, this is not the ship to go on. It is a smaller ship, but it has a charm that can't be beat. There are no rock climbing walls, no fancy atrium, pretty basic I guess. I have been on the Majesty five times now, and I'm booked again for October 1. I, for one, will be one of the most sorry people when they retire her. The Majesty has quite a large fan club, and we just keep going back over and over. If you are looking for a great cruise and want to see a lot of Bermuda, this is definitely the ship for you. Spending four days in Bermuda is incredible. I have never done the Caribbean run, but I'm sure it's nice too. I'm sure you'll get a lot of positive replies about the Majesty. Whatever you decide though, have a great cruise. That's what it's all about.

if you're family is used to bigger ships like the Voyager or Disney will the Magesty be a letdown
\

think it depends on your attitude in general also.....I could make the best of any ship as long as I am on vacation and relaxing....investigate as much as you can and read what people have to say about her and take the negative with a grain of salt...most positive issues never make it to these boards as most people are more than willing to gripe and complain than post something positive....have a great cruise.....

if you're family is used to bigger ships like the Voyager or Disney will the Majesty be a letdown

We have not been on the Majesty, but from reading your previous posts, it seems your family is a very active "young" group.

In doing your research, did you feel that there are enough "Teen" programs for your children on the Majesty in comparison to the Voyager or Disney?

If these ships offered many activities, such as rock climbing, slides, etc., your children could possible be completely undone by a ship which only offers a "Teen Program" with simpler activities.

Then again, perhaps you are all ready to try something completely different. (If that would be the case).

Try visiting a thread specific to the Majesty, or Roll Calls for this ship to determine if it will fit your needs.

Good Luck - You surely do not want to be on a ship with two unhappy kids for a week or so!:)

It will only be a let down if you look at it that way. No there won't be rock climbing for the kids or ice skating but I have had many clients and talk to others who have done NCl and Disney, liking the NCl kids program better (I am referring to older kids)

Probably the biggest let down, if you want to call it that, will be the size and age of the ship. Because NCL is so port intensive you won't have many sea days. If the kids get together with the other teens and make friends they will be busy enough with them.

Sailaways has given you some very good advise; read as much as you can about the ship before you cruise.

Happy cruisin,

Nita

Archived