LIVE LIVE LIVE from the Crown 7/11 2nd Try

Merion_Mom

We enjoyed Rick's Moet et Chandon throughout the meal: Nancy, Joani and I. Fortunately (oops, did I say that?) Al doesn't drink.

Ahhhh..........they did do it right!! :D

Nancy, Joani, Al and I went back to Adagio's after dinner (another leisurely 2 hour affair). Sammy is good, but not fabulous. He does the exact same schtick EVERY night. I mean the same thing. Identical words. Every syllable. No creativity. Ok, I'm nit-picking, but I've seen more adaptable and creative piano players in my day. SHUT UP, WRONA.

Honestly, WRONA never said a word!!!! On either post!!:D :D

Rick

Completely enjoying your posts from the Crown. Keep posting if you can, hopefully this thread won't be blocked for you again. I'm really looking forward to my upcoming cruise on the Crown at the end of Sept.

Dear Merion Mom,

Thanks for all the great info. I have only one question.

Is the air conditioning working in the cabins, as far as you know?

We will be boarding as you are leaving the ship. There have been reports here on CC that the air conditioning, on the cruise prior to yours, was not working in many cabins for the whole 9 days of their trip.

Have you heard any rumblings of folks with no air conditioning right now?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to all of us who are anticipating boarding soon. :)

Thank you so much for the wonderful reviews. It is so nice of you to take the time on your vacation. I can't wait to hear about the air conditioning!!! We are getting on when you will be getting off. I hope you had air conditioning and I hope we do to. Thank you again. Cheers Nancy

Love everything you've written so far. Have you checked out Vines? Can you check to see what the whites cost by the glass??????

I was in Vines on the 6/23 sailing. I took one look at the per glass charge and walked out. For example, a Santa Margerita Pinot Grigio was $10 a glass. That is way over priced for a bottle that retails at $19-$20. You could buy the bottle on board for $38.

Plastic Trees!!!!! I wondered how they pulled off live trees on that ship. Now I know.........that's kinda tacky I think, but guess impossible to have real ones........still tacky though........

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't. Have you seen the pictures of the place on line here? Doesn't it look nice, and upscale? Picture those plants, those palms, that soothing foliage.

IT'S PLASTIC

Thanks SI cruiser. I think someone mentioned that you could buy a bottle and they would store it for you. I'll do some searching. Just thought it would be a nice place to sit and watch the action in the evening.

Hi Carol...loving your posts!!! I posted this on the other thread...When you get back & are settled in...I would LOVE you hear YOUR views on Princess compared to RCI...Although I loved my time on the Crown...I think next one I will be back on RCI!

Enjoy every moment out on the beautiful blue sea!!

Susan:)

I talk to a lot of people (:D) and I have heard NO complaints about lack of cabin air conditioning.

Tonight in the dining room, for the first time, it was FREEZING. I NEVER get cold, and I was REALLY REALLY cold. Fortunately, we were laughing so hard, I almost forgot how cold I was. There was a young woman (17-18-ish???) with her mother and another older woman, and she was just HANGING out so badly that we were SURE that we were about to observe a major wardrobe malfunction. I was CRYING from laughing so hard. This continued through the entire dinner. We were on the edges of our seats to see if something would actually pop loose.

Dinner was good. I had two soups, one hot, one cold. Mango, pear ginger was EXCELLENT. Spinach, crab something was VERY good. Entree was "ok". Seafood potpourri. To give credit where credit is due, Nik TOLD us what to order, and we all ignored him. Live and learn.

We all shared a bottle of Pouilly Fuisse. It was a good value. Al and Joani insisted on buying. :)

Grand Cayman was FABULOUS. I will write more details later, but I must go watch Nancy try Princess PopStar again.

Be good, and don't write about $ex while I'm gone.

We, too, fell in love with Atilla and Narcisus when we were on board last week (7/2 cruise) - had them the first night and requested a table with them whenever there was space in their area. What a lovely duo - so generous and knowledgable. I think Atilla should open his own restaurant, he is passionate about his food! Enjoy your cruise!

Excellent review and too funny! Dunn's Falls is quite the experience. I was very scared too and convinced I wasn't going to be able to do it. This great man in front of me practically dragged me up the Falls. At the 1st or 2nd water fall where people stop to have their picture taken, he gets down low in the water and proposes to his beautiful girlfriend. I was just so thrilled to have witnessed it and to think that this very fantastic, giving, and loving guy was helping me up the falls when he was nervous about proposing and then after she said yes, he still helped me up the rest of the falls. I'm still not sure what he did with the diamond ring when we snorkeled first prior to Dunn's Falls.

If the couple who did this is reading, we tried to send a bottle of champagne to your room and we sure hope you got it. You were a physician from the north if I recall correctly.

Tonight in the dining room, for the first time, it was FREEZING. I NEVER get cold, and I was REALLY REALLY cold. Fortunately, we were laughing so hard, I almost forgot how cold I was. There was a young woman (17-18-ish???) with her mother and another older woman, and she was just HANGING out so badly that we were SURE that we were about to observe a major wardrobe malfunction. I was CRYING from laughing so hard. This continued through the entire dinner. We were on the edges of our seats to see if something would actually pop loose.

Okay, I want to see you bring this up on a dress code thread. Just to see what happens.:D

Merion Mom: Thanks for sharing your Dunn's River Fall experience. I got quite a chuckle over your description. Like you, I too am very short. The gal is front of me was NOT short at all, she climbed up onto the next rock with no trouble at all while I stood there trying to contemplate how exactly I was going accomplish the feat of getting my short legs to get me up to the next rock. Thank goodness my husband was behind me because without him pushing my you know what up I would have totally given up. I made it though, it was fun, but never ever again. :o

BUSD: This is out EVERY day; the guy is MARRIED and traveling with his wife. (or, as I put it, traveling with his wife and with his mistress). HE thinks that he's a comedian. In every gangway photo, he is wearing those stupid 20X oversized plastic glasses, a different color to match every color outfit that he has.

The only wine available by the glass is of definitively low quality. If you want to drink something that you won't want to stop drinking before you reach the bottom of the glass, you'll have to either bring your own or buy a bottle from Princess' wine list. It's decent. Not great, but decent. Not nearly as marked up as Royal Caribbean's.

Things that make you go EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW. There was a thread a long time ago that got pulled. Remember the guy who wanted to know if he could walk around shirtless? Today in the buffet, I saw two shirtless guys. The sneeze guard may protect against errant mucous discharges from the face but will NOT prevent the invasion of chest hairs.

A friend saw the "old guy with speedo" phenomenon today.

SMOKING: There is a strong odor of cigarettes at a spot in the aft corridor of Caribe deck.

There was a woman brazenly smoking near the elevators outside Club Fusion on Deck 7 aft two evenings ago.

There was a woman brazenly smoking near the elevators on Plaza, Deck 5, tonight. (no, not the same woman)

Stupid pirate and parrot in dining room tonight. I think that it wasn't a repeat for them - I think that it's because we were in DaVinci the other night and Michelangelo tonight.

NANCY WON HER HEAT OF PRINCESS POPSTAR TONIGHT. She is officially in the FINALS which will be on the last night, Wednesday, July 19. Get your good vibes going her way. Email her at nancy AT liedel.org.

Teens around late at night. Not terminally aggravating, but VERY *THERE*. Mid-level screaming and shrieks of laughter. The occasional report of stair-potatoing.

Nancy is acutely bothered by the fact that the ship is less than a month old, and someone has already vandalized the "M" in Movies Under The Stars.

I will try to check out the Terrace Pool tomorrow, since it's a sea day. We gained an hour two days ago, for the time change of Jamaica and Grand Cayman, but will lose it tonight.

Grand Cayman: Snorkeling and Stingray City with Captain Marvin's. It was fun. I enjoyed it. I wanted to jump up and down and shriek with joy and satisfaction. There were just some glitches and attitudes that made it less than perfect. All in all, I am now totally and irrevocably hooked on snorkeling. What a way to experience marine life without endangering my own! The stingrays were amazing. It was very crowded, to me, but those who have been there before said that it was not nearly as bad as it can be. Even so, we went there last, after two snorkeling stops. I can't help but feel that if we had gone to Stingray City first, we would have had the place almost to ourselves, since the excursion began at 9:15 on Sunday morning, and we were the only ship in town. Our guide had no explanation for why we went there as our third stop of the day. Saw about five VERY cool iguanas on the way back to the dock.

Georgetown: Tacky, fast food....unappealing. Noted in the first five minutes: Burger King, TCBY, Wendy's, KFC. Yuck.

We noticed that they are building a new road. Our driver said that that is because at rush hour, the traffic is bumper to bumper from Hell to Georgetown. :)

I'm making good headway on the strange things that the NY stevedores deposited in my luggage.

I did a bad thing. I left my daughter's dive booties on the boat. <sigh> This means that I have to buy her new ones. Dagnabbit. IF IF IF someone from Captain Marvin's had said, as someone did on the Princess excursion, "Please check under the seats to be sure that you have everything", or just "check your stuff", I would have gotten them, because that's where I had put them, since you are not allowed to wear them at Stingray City.

We almost won at trivia today, but we came in late, and the group we joined had some wrong answers on the first few questions that I knew the answer to, if only I had been there to hear them.

Who wants my Princess sports bottle? ;)

My children have assured me that they haven't utterly destroyed the house yet.

A little before 6, I noticed crunchy bits, almost like dog kibble, on the floor at the aft elevators on our deck. When the mess was still there at 11:45, I decided to tell the Purser's Desk on my way here to the Internet Cafe. She looked at me like I had two heads when I calmly reported the mess. I had to repeat myself three times to get her to understand that I was reporting a food-like substance on the floor that needed to be cleaned up.

Spelling bee tomorrow at 12:15, if I get out of bed in time.

Two trivia opportunities.

Time to make my daily donation to Gatsby's.

G'night all.

Archived