Dinner in Copenhagen

Danish Viking:

I booked a hotel in Copenhagen for 2 nights but have read a lot of bad reviews about it. We want to be centrally located so we don't waste time getting around but don't want to be in a fleabag, either. Can you tell me whether or not the Grand Hotel is decent or not? It's supposed to be near Tivoli with breakfast included but I'm worried now. Maybe I won't be able to change anyway.

Thanks for the info.

Carole

The hotels rooms and hallways have been refurbished in 2005 and on the outside it looks wonderful with the streets café.

There is a big but, the Central Station is under renovation, and they work at night so they don´t come in conflict with the trains.

The Hotel is close to the construction site, ask the hotel how this will effect you or go to this website.

http://www.dsb.dk/cs/Satellite?c=Page&cid=1130725413292&pagename=DSB%2FPage%2FIndholdsside_uden_sidemenu_med_intro

Thanks for the info. I'll probably just keep our reservation at the Grand since you said it had been refurbished. We only have two weeks before we leave & I have a ton of things to do. Hopefully we'll be so worn out the night noise won't bother us. I am so excited I can hardly wait. Thanks again.

Being since it has been so hot over there, you might want to double check and see if the Grand has Air Conditioning. We stayed at the Marriott as we got a great $97 rate via priceline and was a beautiful hotel. We originally had reservations to the Grand but changed once our bid was accepted. Also the Grand had Scaffolding all on one side of the hotel as they were still working on it as of the 4th of this month.

Being since it has been so hot over there, you might want to double check and see if the Grand has Air Conditioning. We stayed at the Marriott as we got a great $97 rate via priceline and was a beautiful hotel. We originally had reservations to the Grand but changed once our bid was accepted. Also the Grand had Scaffolding all on one side of the hotel as they were still working on it as of the 4th of this month.

Good Morning,

Thanks for all the info you've been sharing.

We also have Marriott in September thru Priceline. Were you happy with a Priceline room or did you upgrade to waterview or did they offer upgrade?

Thanx

Archived