Fort Lauderdale to Miami

richandsue

We're flying into Fort Lauderdale, but our cruise is out of Miami. What is the best way to get there? There will be four of us flying in the day before our cruise (so we will have a lot of luggage - we wouldn't be able to take a cab with all our luggage) and staying in Fort Lauderdale. Is there a shuttle (van) that can take us to the cruise terminal?

Sue

You have many options....

First, you can take the Carnival Bus - last I knew it was around 16-18 per person.

YOu can take a Taxi - about 75 dollars

Or, you can rent a limo - ours was about 85.00 to our Hotel in Miami. It was a great way to go.. you felt special and you had your own personal space. We brought our kids and this was a treat for them.

Or, you can rent a car for the day!

Catrin

We also had 4 people with luggage.....we hired a car service for 80-85 dollars to miami. The name and link to there site is in the link to my wifes Valor review in my signature!! I was definitely worth it to have someone waiting for you and helping with the luggage.

You could plan on staying overnight in Miami instead of Ft. Lauderdale. Rent a car when you arrive, drive to Miami and drop the car there. There are some hotels near the port that have rental car locations in their lobby where you can drop it off. Check out a coupla websites. I think the Sheraton Biscayne has a rental location and I believe one of the Hyatts have it.

I'd just use the car for the transfer, turn it in and take a taxi to the pier in the morning......

Only one option here, of course.:p

We are doing the same thing. We are flying into Ft Lauderdale the day before the cruise this August. We are renting a car through Thrifty, which is costing us around 57$ total. We are staying the night with my parents(Who lives outside of Ft Lauderdale)taking the car back to the Miami airport and getting a shuttle to the ship. Its much cheaper for us this way, as we are a family of 5.

We are also renting a car, our flight gets in at 8:30 pm and we want to grab some dinner and hit a grocery store before driving to Miami. We are staying at the Doubletree and by luck the Marriott is next door and is a drop off point for Hertz. Got our car for $24 but have to pay the same to park at the Doubletree overnight. If all we wanted was a ride to the hotel with no stops I think I'd go with the car service to avoid the hassle.:rolleyes:

Archived