Hotels in Tampa

jgsi

We are sailing on Legend in November. We are flying in a day early and was wondering if anyone could give suggestions for a hotel that is close to the port of Tampa. Thanks for your help.

Well its not close (and therefore I shouldn't be posting here) but when we sail Legend next Feb we're going to stay at the Marriott by the airport (RJ Stadioum). They have a shuttle to the port for about $5 per person. The rate (AARP) is $71.95 per night. The downtown hotels I searched started at $155 per night.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Staduim in Tampa - right down the road from Raymond James Staduim. They offer airport shuttle service from the airport (no charge) and they also offer transportation to the port for $5.00 per person charge. We made the transportation to the port arrangements as soon as we checked in.....and at that time things were booking fast. I don't remember the cost - brother had points that he could get discounted hotels rates!! Hotel was nice and there are a few restuarants located beside the hotel!

Archived