Some help and answers from a Barceloner

BCN lady: this may have already been said but, we are trying to figure out transportation from the airport to the hotel Continental. there are 7 of us plus BAGS! How many can the taxis hold? The hotel website says we can take the aerobus. Any help would be greatly appreciated! We arrive June 27th.

Thanks!

the aerobus is very easy to operate. The last time I used it there were at least three buses waiting so it would be easy for you all to travel. The last stop is close to the Hotel Continental. Is it the Continental or Continental Palacete you are staying in?

BCN Lady-

I hope you're still reading this board. We're arriving into BCN 2 days before our cruise next month. We're interested in going to a Tapas bar for dinner with another family. I've heard about Tapac 24. Do you have any information on that restaurant?

Thanks.

Whats the best way to get to the Oasis Barcelona Hotel from the airport? There are 6 of us with 10 - 12 pieces of luggage. Could we get a mini-van taxi to get us there? Or, could we get the bus from the airport? How far would it be from the bus stop? Also, what would the cost be for a taxi or the bus? Thanks in advance for your help.

Whats the best way to get to the Oasis Barcelona Hotel from the airport? There are 6 of us with 10 - 12 pieces of luggage. Could we get a mini-van taxi to get us there? Or, could we get the bus from the airport? How far would it be from the bus stop? Also, what would the cost be for a taxi or the bus? Thanks in advance for your help.

We will be staying there for one night pre-cruise next January. From everything I have read the best way is to take the train from the airport. Here is part of a review with directions from the Barcelona airport that I copied from a review on Tripadvisor.com:

" When arriving at the airport take the

train directly to Estacia de Franca Railway Station and when

leaving this station turn left down the street for about 2 mins

then turn left at the junction and walk about 100 metrs to the

hotel. Very easy to find. Dont expect luxury at the Oasis but a basic and

simple hotel in a good location for Barcelona."

I believe the cost is less than €4 pp so would definitely save money over two or three taxis which you would need with six people and all the luggage.

BCN Lady-

I hope you're still reading this board. We're arriving into BCN 2 days before our cruise next month. We're interested in going to a Tapas bar for dinner with another family. I've heard about Tapac 24. Do you have any information on that restaurant?

Thanks.

I didn't knew that Comerç24 chef had started a tapas restaurant. It looks very nice. Good Spanish reviews. Be careful, it's a small place and they don't make reservations.

Very easy location near the Passeig de Gràcia.

I've found this interesting >ENglish review:

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/best-new-restaurants-2007

BCNLady, do you happen to know what taxi will drive directly to

"H10 Raco del Pi" Hotel?

I have read postings on here and people are saying some taxis won't go to this hotel as the streets are narrow.

The people that did get a taxi to take them there do not remember what taxi it was.

the aerobus is very easy to operate. The last time I used it there were at least three buses waiting so it would be easy for you all to travel. The last stop is close to the Hotel Continental. Is it the Continental or Continental Palacete you are staying in?

We are staying at the Hotel Continental Palacete. Is that the one near the stop? Do the buses have room for luggage?

Thanks

Wendy:)

We are also planning to take the Aerobus when we arrive in Barcelona. Does anyone know if we can use our credit card to purchase tickets? In the airport or on the bus? We hope to get euros from ATMs, so will be arriving with little or no money in local currency. Thanks.

We are also planning to take the Aerobus when we arrive in Barcelona. Does anyone know if we can use our credit card to purchase tickets? In the airport or on the bus? We hope to get euros from ATMs, so will be arriving with little or no money in local currency. Thanks.

The aerobus won't accept credit cards but you have ATMs at the airport.

BCN lady,

I am so glad I found this thread. For our trip in June/july 2009 after we get off the ship, I would like to get to Alicante for a few days at the beach to relax and for my husband to scuba dive. Is this possible?? Any recommendations on how to get there..we are willing to drive any recommendations on places to stay or are there better places closer to Barcelona???? We are traveling with our seven year old......

I hate to be a bother but my daughter and I are staying at the BCN Port at Av del para.lel, 15 in Montjuic. Is it wise to just take a taxi, or is it easy to take public transportation from the airport.

Thanks in advance.

Ellen

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently in Barcelona, having arrived early for a visit before boarding my June 22 RCCL cruise...

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post all the advice and tips about your beautiful city.

We have only been here a day and a half and already have found much of your advice very useful. My husband said yesterday you are better than any tour book~

We have tried 2 of your Tapas recommendations and had wonderful experiences at both. We love the Tapas concept and can eat like this every day!!

Thanks again!!!!

Laura

In what area of town is this?

My daughter would LOVE to see it~ She is not only a fan of the Cheetah girls movie (we already have a reservation for this Saturday at the Chocolate Factory) but she also loves turtles...

Would appreciate your advice on how to locate this so she can also enjoy it. We have the HOHO bus pass or we can do the metro as we also have a T10 pass.

Thank you

Laura

I'm not sure if this is the turtle you are talking about, I haven't seen the cheetah's movie!

This one is in the front door of Casa de l'Ardiaca just beside the Cathedral, a very nice gothic palace with a patio nd beautiful fountain and stairs to go inside.

417945.JPG

BCN Lady,

Can you give us an idea of streets in Barcelona that should be avoided at night, just so we have an idea of the neighborhood? Also what is the best way of seeing Poble Espanyol? Does the HOHO bus drop you near it at some point of their tour? Thank you very much for sharing your ideas.

Hi Bea, I hope all is well with you and your family in Barcelona.

You've been such a wonderful help to me and to all of us on Cruise Critic. Thank you so much for all you do for us.

I've just finished reading a fantastic book by Ildefonso Falcones called Cathedral of the Sea. This book was about the building of Santa Maria de la Mar. I was fascinated by the descriptions of how the port workers (bastaixos) carried the stones on their backs from Montjuic. I can hardly wait to visit Santa maria de la Mar the next time I'm in Barcelona!

So, here's my question: How do you pronounce BASTAIXOS ???[/COLOR]

Thanks, Bea. As always, your help is appreciated. :)

p.s to all of you who are planning a trip to Barcelona: I highly recommend this book. If you liked Pillars of the Earth, you'd also like this book. It's a remarkable historical novel that held my attention throughout. Read the Amazon reviews for more information.

In what area of town is this?

My daughter would LOVE to see it~ She is not only a fan of the Cheetah girls movie (we already have a reservation for this Saturday at the Chocolate Factory) but she also loves turtles...

Would appreciate your advice on how to locate this so she can also enjoy it. We have the HOHO bus pass or we can do the metro as we also have a T10 pass.

Thank you

Laura

You have to look for "Casa de l'Ardiaca" it's a gothic palace on your right if you are looking to the front door of the Cathedral in the gothic district. Just in front of Santa Lucia's chapel. Very easy to find.

Thanks for enjoying my city!

Bea

Hello Again, Bea ~

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions you have given here! We are thinking about staying at Gran Hotel La Florida prior to our cruise, as we have rented an apartment in the Barrio Gotico for 5 days after our cruise returns. La Florida looks like a wonderful hotel with outstanding views of Barcelona. Do you have any personal experience or opinions about this hotel? Thanks so much for any input you may be able to provide. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi flaca,

Just getting around ro reading this thread. We spent a week in Alicante in 2004, while our son was going to school there. We took the train from Alicante to Barcelona and it was a great way to travel between the two cities. Here is a link to the train schedule. We did First Class and loved it. Lot's of room at the end of each railcar for your luggage.

BCN lady,

I am so glad I found this thread. For our trip in June/july 2009 after we get off the ship, I would like to get to Alicante for a few days at the beach to relax and for my husband to scuba dive. Is this possible?? Any recommendations on how to get there..we are willing to drive any recommendations on places to stay or are there better places closer to Barcelona???? We are traveling with our seven year old......

We stayed at the Hotel Melia Alicante, which is right on the beach in Alicante.

Lavalcruiser, I read one of your posts on cruise critic that you posted on July, 2006 about the Flamenco rest. Taboa Cordobes. I am going to Barcelona and wanted to know if you did go to the rest. and if so how you liked it. I am very interested in seeing a Flamenco show. you can e-mail me at LRN376@yahoo.com. Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you. Lois

BCN Lady (Bea)

Thank you for all your good information. CC is a better place because so many residents of other countries contribute.

DW and I will be visiting your fair city in August pre-cruise, and are very excited. It is one of my all time favorites.

Thanks again; if I think of any questions I will be asking

Cheers

Mark

• 7 months later...

I have enjoyed your posts very much, and you should never worry about your English! (and I am a former English teacher)

We will be visiting Barcelona in November, and someone told me to try to see Los Tunos (dancers). Are you able to tell me anything about when/where to see them or how to find out?

Thank you so much for all your wonderful suggestions, lists, etc. :)

Cruzin Lady Carolynn

Archived