Questions about Port Liberty, NJ

ilycam

My husband & I will be cruising to Bermuda from Port Liberty in October, sailing on the Explorer of the Seas, and we have a few questions we hope someone can answer.

1. Our plane arrives in Newark at 830am and we would like to do some sightseeing in the area (Liberty Island, Ellis Island). What is the earliest we could check in our luggage? Is it difficult to get a cab at the pier if we wanted to do some sightseeing?

2. When we return from Bermuda we are scheduled to arrive at 7:00am and our flight home is at 12:55pm, are there plenty of cabs at the pier upon arrival or should we plan to call prior to arriving?

Thanks for you help !!

getting cabs is easy BUT traffic at the pier is heavy..it is one way in and out.

ewr is about 30 minutes and $40 from cape liberty. we got to the pier at 11 and dropped our bags off.....we were seated, checked in, etc by 11:30..boarding began at 12 ish.....give or take 10 minutes.

getting cabs upon return is easy......go to the RIGHT of the pier when you come out to get in the taxi line. it is organized by airport...EWR/JFK/LGA and then to other places.

i do not think you would have time to sightsee.....well i guess ou would but it is kind of hetic with the traffic.

hmmm.......not sure what to tell you about touring pre cruise.

but..

check http://www.cruiseliberty.com for more info,...it is a very accurate depiction of the pier area.

Archived