New York Port Question

brandylaw

Ok, this is silly, I admit it.

Group of us are planning a cruise in 2008 :eek:, and I'm doing some research.

As I have yet to visit New York, I was wondering if you pass or can get a good view of the Statue of Liberty when debarking?:o

Looking at Baltimore, New Jersey, Charlotte ports also, but I thought Hey! why not get more bang for my buck and get to see Lady Liberty while I was at it.

Thanks in advance, as I do appreciate your ensights. :D

Hi! Most ships pass the Statue of Liberty on the way into port (the day you disembark) in the very early morning hours.

However, if your cruise also leaves from NY, you get an awesome view of her during sailaway. :D We took a cruise out of NY (our home port) late last summer, and it was by far the most incredible sailaway, ever! Even though I've been in the harbor on many occasions on many different boats, there was something truly special about sailing out of NY (and past the Statue of Liberty) outward bound for a cruise!

HTH!

Thanks so much I&MsMom!!!!

Oh I bet it was fabulous. :D

Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps!!:p

Now off to convice 5-7 other couples ;) that New York is the way to go.LOL

Only drawback, parking. :mad:

Thanks again I&MsMom, sure do appreciate it.

Bandylaw,

Just a suggestion. Fly into NY the day before you sail, especially if you're cruising during the winter.

Leaving from the downtown Manhattan Cruise terminal, (around 12th St and 52nd) The ships pass the Statue with the starboard side toward the statue. Arriving in NY (about 4:30 am) the staue is on the port side of the ship. It's great if you have a balcony. Otherwise the sailaway party will be on deck but get there early as the starboard rails will be packed with people. It takes 15-20 minutes to get to the Statue once the ship starts down the Hudson River.

GN

depends on which cruise line you take. Royal Caribbean does everything out of New Jersey and you will see the Statue but not pass it. There is the new Brooklyn Terminal which would also allow you to see it but not pass it. Again, depends on the cruise line.

Archived